I'm gonna show you how to SUPER EASILY create a lyrics video like the one that we see on YouTube or so.
Believe me this is gonna take not more than the duration of the song itself! Do it if you have patience to listen to the song :D
You just need a few free little softwares and you're good to go.
So let's get started!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Get Some Tools
Step 2: Integrate MiniLyrics Into Media Players
It's super easy to integrate MiniLyrics into your favourite media players!
I use iTunes so I have integrated it into iTunes.
1. After installation of MiniLyrics finishes, the integration window pops up automatically.
2. In that, various media players that are installed in your system, and those supported by MiniLyrics are displayed.
3. You just have to select those you use, and hit Install.
4. Suppose you select iTunes, VLC and Windows Media Player, then whenever you play a song in those players, MiniLyrics will display the scrolling lyrics automatically.
Step 3: Customize Display of Lyrics
1. Open media player like iTunes, Play a song, the lyrics will be displayed. See the images above.
2. Now, we need to customize the fonts, and background of the lyrics.
3. In the MiniLyrics window, click on View, and the Preferences.
4. Now open the Themes tab.
5. In Themes, open the Lyrics Display tab.
6. Change Latin Language font by clicking on Choose Font. Choose whatever font you want. Make it Bold. Change the font Size to 48.
7. You can also change the Lyrics highlight color. I've changed it to White because I'll have a darker background. You can change it to whatever you like or just keep it as it is.
8. The Lyrics Display Style can also be changed. I have chosen Vertical scrolling (default) but there are many options so choose whatever you like.
9. Now go to Lyrics Background Picture tab only if you want a background image in your lyrics video. Or choose a Background color from the Lyrics Display tab itself.
10. Done! Close the Preferences window.
11. Now we need to resize the MiniLyrics window. Just click and drag from the bottom right corner and fill the window to your display. See the photos above for reference.
Step 4: Recording the Lyrics
1. Now open Icecream Screen Recorder or whatever recorder you use.
2. Click on Capture Video and Custom Area.
3. Keep the MiniLyrics window up front and select the portion of the MiniLyrics window.
4. In the Recorder window, change the size to 720p (recommended) or whatever you want according to your screen size. You can also change the video resolution later in video editing softwares.
5. If you have a microphone attached, disable it by clicking the button on the right. And if you want to record the audio also while it is playing, then hit the audio button and maximize the level. Or You can add the audio separately in any movie making softwares. See the photos above.
6. Hit the Record button.
7. Play the song using the media player keyboard shortcut.
8. Record till the song is finished and stop the recording by hitting Ctrl+Shift+S on the keyboard.
9. Name the video and save it.
Step 5: (Optional) If You Didn't Record the Audio
1. Open Windows Movie Maker or any other you use.
2. Import the recorded video, and import the audio of the song.
3. Align them perfectly on the timeline so that the lyrics and the audio matches.
4. Save the movie. Done!
Step 6: Finished
See I told you how simple it was!
No need to do some serious editing for this.
I hope you've learned something useful with this.
Thanks for reading!
Watch the finished video here:
If you want to know about me,
MuhammadZ162 made it!