Introduction: How to Cut Fringe the Way Authentic Pinata Makers Do
You can find our In Depth Explanation and Teachings from our Authentic Pinateros Techniques Below
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Tools
Knife ( Knives are good for cutting tissue paper faster and straighter !)
Step 2: Make Folds to Cut Along
Fold tissue paper so you can cut it into strips
- Size of tissue paper we use is 20in x 30in we like to cut it into 4 equal parts however the tissue you get in stores will be different sizes.
- Simply fold the tissue paper into equal long rectangles so there is no excess
-Thickness or length of strips all depends on what your working on
-Use what works best for you
-Generally thin strips make it harder to cut fringe so we suggest cutting the strips at least 2-3inches wide
- If you need thin strips of fringe then cut the strip thinner after you already cut the fringe on the strips
Step 3: Cut Equally
Cut Tissue paper where you make your folds
- You can use a knife or scissors - Scissors work a lot slower and are less accurate. They are also unable to cut through as much tissue paper as a sharp knife.
- We Highly recommend using a long sharp knife to cut. This is the fastest and easiest way to get your strips perfectly straight with ease
- Use Caution when using a knife!
Step 4: Fringe
-Start from the left end of the strip and begin cutting towards the right (If your left handed and this is difficult try it opposite that what we suggested)
-The space in between each cut is all up to you, feel free to experiment with what you like best
Step 5: Complete
Take sheets apart individually and apply to any project.