Introduction: How to Cut Multiple Acrylic Sheets Simultaneously and Safely
Whats this about ?
- I needed to cut multiple acrylic sheets and these were really hard but thin like. I dnt know if its the type or quality but these were fragile.
- Second issue was that it was having a round edge so cutting it was really difficult by sliding it against my table saw fence.
- Table saw ( I converted a circular saw to table saw you can check that in my profile )
- Scotch tape
- A straight piece of acrylic or wood or even a ruler will do the job
Choose the video or follow this guide both will help you the same so its your choice
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preparing the Acrylic Pieces
- I taped the multiple pieces together at the highlighted spots to make sure that the pieces don't wobble/vibrate during the cut at it might shatter/crack or make the cut un-smooth.
- Now to tackle the round edge i taped a piece of acrylic that i cut for my CNC build as shown in the picture 2 and 3 above.
Step 2: Adjusting Your Table Saw
- Adjusted the fence to cut the taped pieces in 2 halves ( that was my requirement do as u want them to )
- Adjust the saw height to 2-3 mm above the total height of all the pieces.
- And cut slow and steady ( look at the video linked to get the results )
Why i thought it was worth sharing ?
- That round edge trick i think is really nice.
- I have been taping together acrylic pieces to get same/symmetrical cut on multiple pieces for my whole CNC build and it helps a lot.