This cart was used to participate in the battle 'Mario Kart' that it's objective was to burst the balloons of the opponents . Through this report all the materials used and the steps taken for the developing are presented.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
About the materials
• The materials were predetermined , so the first thing that was done was to investigate about each of them (motors, servomotors , Arduino , engine driver , etc. ) .
• The material used for the structure of the car was MDF.
Step 2: Design
• The design was based on the size of the engines trying to create a small car in order to move it faster .
• The design was done on paper to plan measures and structure.
• It was passed to Corel to cut the material in the laser cutter.
Step 3: Construction
• With the measured material precut, all components were assembled using glue and Cola Loka.
• The cart measures were 24 x 30 x 30 cm .
• The weapon applied was a sharp tip placed 30 cm and joined to a servomotor which controlled the rotation.
Step 4: Programming
• A program was made for engines in order to move forward, backward and sideways.
• With this program the speed is also controlled .
• A code to connect the cart via bluetooth with the cellphone was made in order to control the cart .
• In addition to the programming in Arduino, an application for the cellphone was made in ' MIT App Inventor ' with the necessary buttons to move the cart and use the weapon .
Step 5: Results
As a result, the project was controlled via bluetooth by the cellphone with an application developed at MIT App Inventor . The cart has a sharp weapon that rotates 180 degrees and with balloons tied to it 30cm above the ground.
In the pictures you can see the finished model .