See who wonhere!
Update: Prizes have been changed. Ratings, Pageviews, and Random winners to receive an additional $75 in LEDs.
LED Throwies were published here on Instructables.com on Feb. 14, 2006 by Q-Branch of the GRL.
This simple, elegant project spawned a minor LED revolution: from Instructables like the LED Throwie Floatie, Talkie, Rat, and motion-sensor to the weird mash-up of art and advertising in the Boston Mooninite scare, it's clear that anyone can make something fun with LEDs -- including you.
So, in honor of the upcoming two-year anniversary of the throwie, we're holding an LED-based speed contest we're calling Get the LED Out!
You have three weeks to publish the coolest Instructable featuring LEDs of any kind. That's right -- any project using LEDs will be eligible, so be creative! We've got lots of LED Instructables to get you inspired, and even some help for beginners.
Need more incentive?
The fantastic ladyada of Adafruit Industries has donated some of her great TV-B-Gone kits for the winners! Check out her store for more kits and inspiration.
Since this is a short contest we're letting the audience judge!
Find the entries here and rate your favorite projects so we know what you like. Vote for as few or as many as you like - it's up to you. Only positive votes will count in this contest! We're not including ballot stuffing or negative votes, so please exercise good sportsmanship.
We'll judge based on the standings at noon PST on Thursday, February 14, 2008 so everyone will have time to check out and vote on even the latest entries. Results will be posted shortly thereafter.
How to Enter- Make an amazing project with LEDs and post it on Instructables.
- Add it to the Get the LED Out group by 11:59pm PST, Sunday February 10, 2008.
The five Instructables with the highest rating will win anInstructables Robot t-shirt.
The Instructable with the highest rating will also receive an Adafruit IndustriesTV-B-Gone kit and $75 worth of LEDs from Phenoptix.
Page Views Prize:
The Instructable with the greatest number of pageviews will receive anInstructables Robot t-shirt, an Adafruit Industries TV-B-Gone kit and $75 worth of LEDs from Phenoptix.
We'll conduct a random drawing from the remaining pool of entries, and one lucky winner will receive anInstructables Robot t-shirt, an Adafruit Industries TV-B-Gone kit and $75 worth of LEDs from Phenoptix.
DetailsOnly projects posted during the contest period are eligible. If you've already submitted a suitable Instructable, make another iteration with improvements and submit it to the contest! Post an improved version of someone else's Instructable with a link back to your source of inspiration!
We're looking for neat and creative projects, so let your imagination run wild.
Project Submission Start Date: January 21, 2008.
Project Submission Deadline: 11:59pm PST, Sunday February 10, 2008.
Audience Judging Deadline: noon PST, Thursday, February 14, 2008.
You can only win one prize per contest, but may enter as many projects as you like and cross-post to other contests!
International entries are eligible - we're happy to ship prizes abroad.
If you're under 18, go ahead and submit your project - we'll just need your parents' OK if you win.
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and co-sponsors Adafruit Industries and Phenoptix a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.