Intro: How to Extract Peanut Milk and Make a Sweet Payasam
Peanuts can be used as a main ingredient to prepare variety of delicious dishes.
In this instructable I will explain how to extract milk from peanuts and then make a sweet dish known as Payasam using the peanut milk.
Step 1: Ingredients
- One cup of raw peanuts
- One cup of cow's milk
- One teaspoon of Cashew Nuts
- One teaspoon of Almonds
- One teaspoon of Roasted Peanuts
- 5 to 6 Cardamom Pods
- About 100 grams of Jaggery
Step 2: Soak Peanuts
- Soak raw peanuts in water for about 3 hours
- After soaking, drain out water and transfer to a mixer-grinder jar
- Roughly crush the soaked peanuts and then add little amount of water in increments
- You can add about 2 cups of water in small quantities and make a fine paste
Step 3: Filter Out Peanut Milk
- Using a cheese cloth filter out the peanut milk from the grind mix.
- You can use the remains for making compost
Step 4: Make a Paste of Other Ingredients
- In the mixer jar, add the cashew nuts, Almonds, Cardamom pods and roasted peanuts and make a fine paste. You can add small amount of peanut milk to make the paste
Step 5: Prepare the Payasam
- Keep a vessel over medium heat and add one cup of cow's milk to it
- When the milk starts to boil, add the peanut milk and mix well
- Add the Cashew nut-almond paste to the vessel and keep over medium flame
- Stir the mix from time to time till it comes to a boil.
- Remove from stove once the mix starts to boil
We will add the jaggery after removing the vessel from stove, otherwise the mix will separate and get curdled.
Step 6: Add Jaggery
- Break the jaggery into fine pieces and and add to payasam
- Stir for some time till jaggery mixes, then transfer to another vessel and garnish with Pomegranate seeds
This tasty and healthy Peanut milk Payasam can be served as dessert