Introduction: How to Extract Peanut Milk and Make a Sweet Payasam
Peanuts can be used as a main ingredient to prepare variety of delicious dishes.
In this instructable I will explain how to extract milk from peanuts and then make a sweet dish known as Payasam using the peanut milk.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- One cup of raw peanuts
- One cup of cow's milk
- One teaspoon of Cashew Nuts
- One teaspoon of Almonds
- One teaspoon of Roasted Peanuts
- 5 to 6 Cardamom Pods
- About 100 grams of Jaggery
Step 2: Soak Peanuts
- Soak raw peanuts in water for about 3 hours
- After soaking, drain out water and transfer to a mixer-grinder jar
- Roughly crush the soaked peanuts and then add little amount of water in increments
- You can add about 2 cups of water in small quantities and make a fine paste
Step 3: Filter Out Peanut Milk
- Using a cheese cloth filter out the peanut milk from the grind mix.
- You can use the remains for making compost
Step 4: Make a Paste of Other Ingredients
- In the mixer jar, add the cashew nuts, Almonds, Cardamom pods and roasted peanuts and make a fine paste. You can add small amount of peanut milk to make the paste
Step 5: Prepare the Payasam
- Keep a vessel over medium heat and add one cup of cow's milk to it
- When the milk starts to boil, add the peanut milk and mix well
- Add the Cashew nut-almond paste to the vessel and keep over medium flame
- Stir the mix from time to time till it comes to a boil.
- Remove from stove once the mix starts to boil
We will add the jaggery after removing the vessel from stove, otherwise the mix will separate and get curdled.
Step 6: Add Jaggery
- Break the jaggery into fine pieces and and add to payasam
- Stir for some time till jaggery mixes, then transfer to another vessel and garnish with Pomegranate seeds
This tasty and healthy Peanut milk Payasam can be served as dessert
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017