Intro: How to Fold a Monkey Out of a Towel
Materials you will need:
- Bath towel
- Square-shaped washcloth
- Hanger with two clips
- OR, alternatively, two clothespins
- One extra clothespin
Step 1: Gather Your Materials Together.
Step 2: (The Body of the Monkey) Take the Big Towel and Lay It Flat on a Flat Surface.
Step 3: Start Rolling Both of the Short Sides Towards the Center.
You want to roll these tightly so the monkey can hold its shape later on.
Step 4: Flip It Over and Fold It in Half.
Step 5: Pull All Four Corners Out of the Four Rolls.
You want to make sure that all four corners are sticking out of the rolls like pictured.
Step 6: Flip It to Its Side, Then Grab All Four Corners at Once.
Step 7: Pull All Four Corners Outwards and Apart.
Step 8: Take Two Ends and Clip It to the Hanger With Two Clothespins.
Then set aside.
Step 9: (The Head of the Monkey) Take the Small Towel and Lay It Flat on a Flat Surface.
Step 10: Fold the Towel Into a Triangle.
We labeled the three corners of the towel X, Y, and Z to help with the folding in the next steps.
Step 11: Take Corner X and Fold It to Corner Y.
Step 12: Take Corner Z and Fold It to Corner Y.
Step 13: Fold It in Half Inwards.
Step 14: Hold It Downwards and Take the Folded End and Turn It Inside Out.
Step 15: Clip the Back With a Clothespin.
Step 16: Add Head to the Body.
Simply place it on top of the body between the two arms.
Step 17: Enjoy!
Step 18: Tips
- Don't be discouraged if you do not get it right the first try. This gets better with practice!
- Feel free to add some decorations!
- You’ll want to use a thick bath towel for the body.
- Beach towels are not ideal for this project.
- You’ll want to use a thin, small, square towel for the head (like a washcloth).
- The measurements of the towel we used were 45.5” x 25.5” x 116”
- The measurements of the washcloth we used were 11.5” x 11.5” x 16”
- You’ll want to use clothespins, rather than a hanger with clips because you can move the clothespins as close together or far apart as you’d like.