Learn how to lead in two-step dancing in a few easy steps! You’ll look like a two-stepping professional the next time you dance to country music!
• READ ALL STEPS BEFORE ATTEMPTING.
• This instruction set is for beginners wishing to learn how to lead in two-step dancing.
• Your partner will do the exact opposite of your movements starting at step 5 to the end of the instruction set.
• The basic movements for this dance are covered in steps 5-9.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Starting Materials
A. Two people willing to dance
- One person to lead (Leader), traditionally, a male.
- One person to dance with (Partner), traditionally, a female.
B. Country Music
- suggested: George Strait songs such as Ocean Front Property
Step 2: 2. Face Partner and Stand With Legs Shoulder-width Apart.
Step 3: 3. Place Right Hand in Partner’s Left Hand and Extend Grasped Hands Out to One Side.
Step 4: 4. Place Inactive Hand on Partner’s Lower Back.
Step 5: 5. When the Music Begins to Play, Step Left Foot Forward Once.
THESE ARE THE BASIC MOVEMENTS
You will repeat steps 5-9 throughout the song
*Note that your partner will be doing the exact opposite of your movements during steps 5-9.
Step 6: 6. Step Once With Your Right Foot Slightly Forward. Take One Step Forward With Left Foot.
Here's a Diagram of the steps!
Step 7: 7. Step Once Backwards on Your Right Foot.
Step 8: 8. Return Feet to Shoulder-width Position.
*Prepare to repeat steps 5-8.
Step 9: 9. Repeat Steps 5-8 Throughout the Song.
HINT: Two steps forward, one step backwards!
Here’s a video of the final product!
You’re a two-stepping professional leader now!