Introduction: How to Make Amazing Brownies
There are many occasions, such as Christmas or a birthday, where someone would be required to provide a dessert. The best dessert that can be made is brownies, especially if they are made with a special added twist.
·1 box of Pillsbury brownie mix (your choice of style)
·½ cups of vegetable oil
·¼ cups of water
·Colored sugar crystals (any color)
·13”x9” glass pan
·Can of nonstick cooking spray
·2 oven mitts
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1
1. Preheat the oven on ‘Bake’ to 350°F.
Step 2: Step 2
2. In mixing bowl, mix brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs together using fork. Mix until the entire mixture has the same consistency. The consistency should be thick, but manageable.
Step 3: Step 3
3. Spray the entire concave area of the glass pan with the nonstick cooking spray.
Step 4: Step 4
4. Transfer the mixture to the glass pan using the fork. Scrape the mixing bowl with the pronged edge of the fork to get as much of the mixture into the pan as possible. Any of the mixture left in the mixing bowl, use your finger to eat.
Step 5: Step 5
5. Sprinkle a thin layer of colored sugar crystals over the mixture. Choice a color of the crystals based on the event the brownies are being made for, such as green and red for Christmas or a person’s favorite color for their birthday. The sugar crystals will give the brownies a sweet hard crust.
Step 6: Step 6
6. Take the 2 oven mitts and put one on each hand.
Step 7: Step 7
7. Open the oven door.
Step 8: Step 8
8. Put the glass pan with the brownie mixture in it on the highest shelf in the oven.
WARNING: The oven is hot and can cause burns.
Step 9: Step 9
9. Close the oven door.
Step 10: Step 10
10. Set the timer to 28 minutes.
Step 11: Step 11
11. When the timer goes off, take a toothpick and stick it vertically into the center of the brownies. If the toothpick does not come out clean, stick a clean toothpick in every minute until it comes out clean. When the toothpick comes out clean, repeat steps 6 and 7.
Step 12: Step 12
12. Grab the glass pan by each end, pull it out of the oven, and place it on top of the oven’s range.
WARNING: The oven and the glass pan are hot and can cause burns.
Step 13: Step 13
13. Wait 15-20 minutes for the brownies to cool.
Step 14: Step 14
14. Use the knife to cut the brownies into approximately 2”x2” squares.
WARNING: The glass pan may still be hot.
WARNING: The knife is sharp and can cause serious cuts.
Step 15: Step 15
15. Transfer the brownies onto the plate.
Step 16: Step 16
16. Sprinkle another layer of the colored sugar crystals onto the brownies to add color and taste.
Step 17: Step 17
17. Serve and eat the brownies.