In this instructable I will show you how to make cracking bacon and egg breakfast tortilla cups. These bacon and egg breakfast tortilla cups are great for a Sunday breakfast or brunch but also nice for a Monday lunch or a Friday tea break. They can be shared any time you like. Hearty, salty, eggy yep these are mouth watering delicious.
Four things are important when making this dish: fresh eggs, good quality bacon, wholesome tortillas (these are flour tortillas) and a muffin tin. The preparations of this dish is really quite simple and takes a matter of minutes.
You can use store bought flour tortillas or if you have more time I recommend to make fresh flour tortillas (you can follow this instructable for this).To not waist food you can cut the tortillas in half and fold them in the muffin tin.The tortillas I use are medium size to give you an idea of how big these are. Before you make the tortilla cups use some cooking spray in the muffin tin so they do not stick.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 4 strips of bacon.
- 4 large eggs.
- 2 flour tortillas.You can use store bought flour tortillas or make fresh flour tortillas (see previous instructable)
- Pinch of paprika.
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper to taste.
Step 2: Instructions
- Heat oven at 400 ℉/ 200 ℃.
- Cook the bacon in a hot pan (no buter or oil required).
- Drain bacon.
- Half the tortillas.
- Fold the tortilla in a muffin tin.
- Add the bacon to the tortilla.
- Add an egg on top of the tortilla and bacon.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven add some chives, paprika powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Notes
Do not over cook the bacon as it will cook in the oven as well. If you like your eggs runny look when they are about 15 minutes in the oven. If you like your eggs well done leave them in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some questions or suggestions then let me know via the comments.