Intro: How to Make Bar Style Double Tortilla Pizza
In this instructable I will show you how to make a crispy bar style double tortilla pizza. This recipe is easy to make in about 15 minutes. So heat up that oven and get your skillet out.
The pizza pie consists of two flour tortillas. You can use store-bought flour tortillas or homemade ones by following my previous instructable. In between the two tortillas we add tomato sauce and some mozzarella. The tomato sauce is made from canned tomatoes combined with cherry tomatoes and some Italian herbs.
On top of the pizza pie we add some more tomato sauce and slices of red onion, white onion and mushrooms. Cover the pizza with some slices of salami and prociuttto, mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes. Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 8 minutes until cheese it melted and tomato sauce is bubbling. Cut in slices and you can serve it immediately.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the crisp bar style double tortilla pizza? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inch). You can use store-bought tortillas or homemade (see instructable)
- ¼ red onion
- ½ white onion
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 slices of prosciutto
- 5 small slices of salami
- 1 cup of grated Mozzarella
- 10 pieces of sun dried tomato
- 1 teaspoon of Italian spices
- 2 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Step 3: Instructions
- Pre-heat the oven at 400℉ / 200℃.
- Heat a saucepan and some vegetable oil.
- Bake the halved cherry tomatoes until soft.
- Add the sieved tomatoes and stir. Now add the Italian spices. Set aside.
- Heat the skillet on medium heat. Brush the skillet with the olive oil and brush the pan.
- Put the first tortilla in the pan.
- Spread two to three tablespoons of tomato sauce across the tortilla all the way to the edges.
- Now add 1/3 of the Mozzarella on the pizza and put the second tortilla on top.
- Repeat spreading the tomato sauce on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the red and white onions.
- Now add the mushrooms, pulled prosciutto, salami and sun-dried tomatoes and finally cover with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until cheese is melted.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.