A battery holder is like a plastic case with the shape of the housing moulded in such a way that a battery can be easily inserted inside it. A Battery holder is a necessity for every DIY hobbyist as it is used in almost every project.
In this instructable, i decided to make a simple AA battery holder using just a few easily available materials. This method can be used to make a battery holder for various different types and size of batteries.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Video
A video is a very great tool that makes any tutorial easy to understand. However, also visit next steps for additional details.
Step 2: Order Parts
- Ice cream sticks - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Battery connector clip - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Hot glue gun - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Stationary knife - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Ice cream sticks - http://amzn.to/2ul2vVK
- Battery connector clip - http://amzn.to/2tegCZf
- Hot glue gun - https://amzn.to/2Sf7oad
- Stationary knife - http://amzn.to/2q879jK
Step 3: Make a Box
- Using a stationary knife, carefully cut both the curved edges from the ice cream stick.
- Depending on the size of the battery, paste few sticks together using hot glue.
- Mark and cut the sticks, depending on battery size and make the boundary on all the four sides.
- Cut the extra length of all the sticks to make a box for fitting the battery.
Step 4: Add Connectors
- Make a slit at one of the shorter side of the box.
- Using Hot glue, paste a battery connector in the slit as can be seen in the images above.
- Fold a piece of food wrapping aluminium foil and using hot glue paste it on the opposite side of the connector.
Note: Make sure to fold the aluminium foil such that the half part of the folded piece is thicker than the other half, so that when the AA batteries (with notch at '+ve' terminal) are inserted, the thickness of the foil accommodates the distance between the '+ve' and '-ve' battery terminal.
Step 5: Finish Battery Holder
Our DIY Battery holder is now complete. Insert the batteries in the holder and use it in any project at will. This technique can be used to make holders for many types of batteries (like 9v batteries, AA, AAA, 18650 cells and much more) and is much more economical than any other plastic battery holder available in the market.
Make this amazing toy yourself and contact us or share your experiences on our facebook page, twitter and instagram. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube Channel GOODTECH - Creativity And Science, where i frequently post new and creative content.
Thanks For your Support..!!