Intro: How to Make Big BBQ Chicken Wrap Burgers
In this instructable I will show you how to make big BBQ chicken wrap burgers. Let's go outside! Where the sun is shining, the birds are singing and it is time for firing up the BBQ. You can dress the big BBQ chicken wrap burgers up however you like. So take out all your favorite toppings and get the BBQ going.
I truly love the flavour that a char coal BBQ is adding to anything you put on the barbecue but to be honest it does take a lot of time just to get the barbecue going. If you are stressed for time or do not own a char coal barbecue you can fire up your electric/gas barbecue or use a grill pan. The end result will be equally great.
For this occasion I took out the char coal grill and fired it up. While the coals were burning white I made all the necessary preparations to create the chicken burgers. You can substitute the chicken burgers for beef or lamb or even a vegetarian burger will do great in this dish.
The chicken burgers are made of egg, breadcrumbs, onion, salt and pepper and minced chicken meat. Mix through and divide into four burgers. After grilling the burgers on the barbecue I also roasted some red onion and two strips of bacon. To finish it off I let the big flour tortillas warm through on the barbecue as well. If you have children or want to do a summer buffet just use small tortillas and one burger. Fold the tortillas the same way and you have a mini chicken wrap burger. You can use store bought flour tortillas or make homemade flour tortillas by following my previous instructable.
Then it is time to assemble the burgers. You stack up one side of the tortilla with lettuce, burger, onion, tomato and bacon. Do the same steps in reverse so bacon, tomato, onion, burger and lettuce before folding the tortilla one time and them one more time to get a nice big BBQ chicken wrap burger. Serve with some baked potatoes, homemade guacamole (see this instructable) and you have the best summer night burger. Don't these burgers look delicious?
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 2 flour tortillas. You can use store bought tortillas or homemade tortillas (see instructable)
- 300 gram minced chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ white onion
- ½ red onion
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup guacamole (see instructable)
- 2 strips of bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- your favorite toppings like tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard
Step 2: Instructions
- Fire up the barbecue.
- Break the egg into a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and white onion.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk the mixture.
- Add the minced chicken and stir thoroughly.
- Divide into four patties and shape into burgers.
- When the barbecue is nice and hot then put the burgers on the grill.
- Turn the burgers until golden brown.
- Bake the bacon.
- Bake the red onion.
- Warm the tortillas.
- To assemble the burger, you have to be able to fold the tortilla in half. Take a tortilla and stack lettuce, burger, onion, tomato and bacon on the right side of the tortilla.
- Stack the second burger on the left side of the tortilla, but in reverse order. So start with bacon, tomato, onion, burger and lettuce.
- Fold the tortilla in half and then fold it again. You now have a quart tortilla.
Step 3: Notes
Make sure the char coals are white before you put the burgers on the grill. Do not bake to fast else the inside of the burgers does not get baked thoroughly. To complete the dish you can add some fries or baked potatoes.
Instead of chicken you can also use beef, lamb or a vegetarian burger. You can also add some cheddar cheese, American cheese or dill pickles to the burger.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some questions or suggestions then let me know via the comments.
Step 4: Watch the One Minute Video
Runner Up in the
Outdoor Cooking Contest 2017