In this instructable I will show you how you can easy make delicious vegan cheese from cashew nuts. It's a dip that tastes like cheese but is not real cheese. The main ingredient of this cheese is cashew. Cashew is high in protein and a source of iron.
To make the cashew cheese I use roasted unsalted cashew and put it in the food processor until it turned into a butter. There is quite a difference in taste between roasted salted cashew nuts and raw cashew. To the raw cashew nuts I add some garlic powder and cumin powder. Then I add the secret ingredient, nutritional yeast and let the food processor do its job. The nutritional yeast is adding that extra nutty flavor to the cheese.
To turn it into a smooth cheese I add some water when all the ingredients are combined. The length you run the food processor and the amount of water determines how smooth the cheese will be. If you like a more solid thick cheese/dip then add little water. If you like a more smooth, soft cheese, you add more water.
To make it in two ways, I made a soft cheese as the first option and added spicy Sriracha sauce to the second option.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the vegan cashew cheese 2 ways? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 3 cups of raw cashew nuts
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 cup of water
Step 3: Instructions
- Put the cashew nuts in the food processor.
- Blend the cashew nuts until they turn into fine powder.
- Add the garlic, cumin and nutritional yeast.
- Blend until the cashew turn into a nut butter.
- If you like a thick butter take the butter out. If you like a more smooth cheese add water.
- Take half of the cheese from the food processor.
- Add the Sriracha and let the food processor run.
- Take the second cheese from the food processor.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.