Intro: How to Make Chalkboard Garden Stakes
How to Make Chalkboard Garden Stakes requires just a few supplies and is an easy tutorial that results in a great handmade gift. Video tutorial included. View Here: Tutorial
Step 1: Materials
Materials:(1) 8ft pressure treated furring strip, Chalkboard Spray Paint, Masking Tape, Chalk, Ribbon
Step 2: Cut Strips
- Measure your furring strip every 12″ and mark your stick.
- Set your miter saw at a 45 degree angle (if you do not have a saw, have the nice folks at Lowe’s cut your stakes for you)
- BEFORE YOU CUT: Cut a 45 degree angle every 24″
- Return your saw to a square cut and cut each 24″ piece with angle ends down the middle (each stake should have a flat top and 45 degree angle cut at the bottom)
- You should have 8 stakes when you are done.
Step 3: Mask Stakes
Painting: Mask your stick at about 6″ from the top with masking tape.
Step 4: Paint
Spray all your sticks and let dry for about 1 hour
Step 5: Wrap With a Bow
Wrap with a bow, add chalk and a few seed packets and you have the perfect gift for garden lover. How to Make Chalkboard Garden Stakes is a quick do it yourself project. Don’t let cutting the furring strip deter you, both Lowe’s and Home Depot have cutting stations and this project will only take a few minutes! The How to Make Chalkboard Garden Stakes is an easy tutorial that results in a great handmade gift. For more tips and tricks visit http://multitaskingmaven.com