Hello! Today I will show you how to make some cool looking armor on the cheap.
Step 1: Parts
Alright, all you need is:
- A metal speaker plate (mine was 10 in by 7.5 in)
- Normal printer paper
- Spray Paint or markers
- tape (any kind will do)
Step 2: Chooose What Kind of Armor You Want to Make
I chose to base mine off of a piece of armor from the videogame Destiny. Just choose a tv show or video game that has armor, and base your design off of that.
Step 3: Bend the Speaker Cover
The speaker cover is fairly easy to bend and can be bent in many different ways. The armor I chose had many prominent edges, so i bent to resemble a parallelogram.
Step 4: Finish Off the Armor
- Cover the speaker plate in paper and cut off the parts hanging out. I had to use two pieces of paper to completely cover it.
- Color it the color you want the background to be.
- Tape the paper to the plate.
- Now, draw the symbol of the armor and place it towards the middle of the plate. Tape it using double-sided scotch tape.
- Enjoy your new armor!
Step 5: Add-ons
If you want your armor to look even cooler, I would add LEDs. It is a quick add-on and can make your project look epic. Depending on what colors you used, match them with LED backlights.
Participated in the
Papercraft Contest 2017