Introduction: How to Make Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bars
Looking for a cheap, quick, and easy treat that's great for the whole family? Look no further! This recipe is great because you can make as much or as little as you need.
In order to start making chocolate covered peanut butter bars you will need:*
- Peanut Butter** - 1 Jar, 40 oz.
- Melting Chocolate - 1 bag, 10 oz.
- Graham Crackers - 1 box, 14.4 oz.
- A microwaveable bowl or a pot
- A fork
- Medium size baking pan
- Wax Paper
*The measurements that follow will make 24 chocolate covered peanut butter bars. Add more if you wish to make more.
**In case of a peanut allergy, check out our peanut-free altern ative recipe.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Setting Up
1. Set your items on a table or counter.
2. Place your baking pan on a table or counter top.
3. Place wax paper onto the pan.
Step 2: Take Each Cracker and Break Them Into Small Rectangles
1. Open a box of graham crackers and take out a sleeve.
2. Break each graham cracker along the lines to make four, small, individual rectangles.
2a. Repeat as many times as desired to make the amount you want.
3. Place these crackers onto your baking pan.
Step 3: Spread the Peanut Butter Onto the Individual Crackers
1. Open the jar of peanut butter.
2. Take the spoon and scoop out half a spoonful of peanut butter.
3. Scrape the peanut butter onto the graham cracker, then spread.
Step 4: Melt the Chocolate
1. Open bag of melting chocolates, then measure out 1 cup of chocolate.
2. Place this chocolate into a microwaveable bowl.
3. Heat up chocolate at half power for 1 minute.
4. With oven mitts, take the bowl out of the microwave.
5. Stir with a fork until smooth.
5a. If not smooth, heat the chocolates for 30 more seconds. Remove with mitts and stir with a fork until smooth.
6. Repeat until smooth.
Step 5: Dip Each Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Into the Chocolate
1. Take each peanut butter covered graham cracker and dip it, peanut butter side down, into the melted chocolate.
2. Press down and swirl peanut butter covered graham cracker into chocolate so that the peanut butter side is completely covered in chocolate
3. Gently pull it back out, letting the chocolate slide down the graham cracker.
3a. The bottom, plain side of the graham cracker does not need to be covered in chocolate.
4. Place, plain side down, on the wax paper.
5. Repeat for all graham crackers.
Step 6: Place Onto Wax Paper to Cool
Let the chocolate covered graham crackers sit on the wax paper for 10-15 minutes or until set.
Step 7: Store, Freeze, and Enjoy
1. To store, place one row of the chocolate covered peanut butter bars into a container.
2. Place another piece of wax paper and chocolate covered peanut butter bars on top of this row.
3. Repeat as many times as needed, adding a layer of wax paper each time.
4. Freeze or store for a later date.