Spam is good on its own, but what's even better than spam? Spam Fries! A unique combination of both spam and fries with a twist.
I was inspired to make this recipe when someone showed me a video of spam fries being made at restaurant in L.A. Being nowhere near L.A., and having about 10 cans of spam stocked up, it was a great opportunity to make this dish!
Step 1: Ingredients
* 2 cans of Luncheon Meat
* 3 pieces egg
* 1 cup flour
* 1 cup cornstarch
* 3 teaspoon cup curry powder
* 3 bowls
* Knife and Cutting Board
Step 2: Mise En Place
1. Open 2 cans of spam
2. Cut the spam to small fries-shaped pieces
3. Pour 1 cup of cornstarch into a medium-sized bowl
4. Crack 3 eggs into a separate bowl and whisk until it's uniformly mixed
5. Pour 1 cup of flour into another separate bowl and mix 3 teaspoons of curry powder.
Step 3: Coating in Batter
Use chopsticks to pickup the spam fry and dip it in the cornstarch, then egg, followed by the flour and curry powder mixture. The use of chopsticks will prevent the ingredients from adhering to your hands.
Step 4: Deep Fry the Spam
1. Pour oil into a wok and heat it up on medium heat.
2. Dip your chopsticks into the hot oil and if it bubbles then it's time to deep fry the spam.
3. Put the spam fry in the hot oil, maintaining medium heat.
4. When it is golden-brown in colour remove it from the oil and plate it.
Enjoy your dish. Spam fries is best served with Ketchup or Thousand Island!