Looking for some decorative stuff to make your gift more precious? Or want to make a unique basket to gift some chocolates to your beloved ones? Why not make a basket using the plastic bottles?
Yes, using the plastic bottles or other waste materials, you can easily make an adorable gift basket that would add to the decoration of your gift. Let’s learn how to make gift baskets in two different ways.
Step 1: Things You Need
- Mount board
- Felt sheet in colors green, yellow and red
- Cello Tape
- Glue, marker, pencil
- Cutter and scissors
Step 2: Let's Make Leaves!
Here is how you can make this first cardboard and mount board DIY gift basket.
- Take a mount board and felt sheet. On the mount board, draw some leaves with curvy edges and cut it out using a cutter similarly.
- Now take a green felt sheet and draw the same leaf on it using the cutout mount board leaf. Cut out around 7 to 8 such leaves from the felt sheet in green.
Step 3: Let's Make a Base!
- Now take cardboard and big cello tape. Draw a circle on the cardboard using the cello tape’s inner side. Cut it out using a cutter. Using some glue, stick the cardboard piece inside the cello tape round to make the base of the basket.
- Now take a felt sheet and cover the cello tape base using the paper.
Step 4: Let's Arrange the Leaves!
- Get the cut-out leaves in green. Apply some glue on the base of the leaf and stick it on the outer side of the circular base keeping the pink side inside the basket.
- Stick the leaves in a way that they are placed on a small portion of each other or overleaping each other.
- When your basket base is ready, its now time to cover the leaves properly for a firm appearance. For that, take another felt sheet in yellow.
- Make a mark of around 1.5 inches height on it and cut out 1 long or 2 small strips from the sheet. Trim the sheet top forming a grass-likea look. Apply some glue on the strip and stick them on the leaves to cover them properly.
Step 5: Let's Make Handle!
- Time to make the handle of the basket! Take another felt sheet strip of around 1.5 inches thickness.
- Take a red felt sheet and make a flower on it. With the help of scissors, cut out the flower.
- Take a yellow felt sheet and cut out a small flower from it.
- Stick the small flower on the big red flower using some glue. Stick a small circular felt sheet on the flowers for a complete look.
- Place some glue on the felt sheet strip end and stick it on the inner side of the leaves or basket.
- Stick the other hand on the opposite side to give a proper handle to the basket. Stick the felt sheet flower on the strip.
This is our first and easy gift basket made using floral designs.
Step 6: Things You Need
Now let’s begin with another gift basket made out of ice cream cups.
- Plastic cup (ice cream cup)
- Crepe paper
- Decorative lace
- Satin laces in green and blue
- Artificial flowers
- Glue and metal wire
Step 7: Let's Make a Second Basket!
Here is the second technique to make another gift basket.
- Take a plastic cup and a crepe paper. From the folded crepe paper, cut out a folded strip of 1.5 inches. Trim the edges of the crepe strip giving it zigzag cuttings.
- Take a needle and a thread, and stitch the zigzag strip to make it a fan like a strip.
- Apply some glue on the plastic cup edge and stick the zigzag strip on the edge giving it a fluffy look.
Step 9: Let's Decorate the Basket!
- Secondly, take a decorative lace and stick it in such a way that it covers the strip ends on the cup and some portion of the cup. Also, cover the entire lower portion of the cup using the strip and glue.
- Take a satin lace and place it on the lace covering the strips forming a top border of the cup. Keep it aside.
Step 10: Let's Make Handle!
- Now take a metal wire and wrap a green colored satin lace using some glue to make the handle of the basket.
- Apply glue on the end of the metal wire and stick it inside the strips. Similarly, stick the other end of the wire on the opposite side making the handle of the basket.
Step 11: Let's Decorate the Basket!
- Now take some artificial flowers and stick them using glue on the wire at particular distance covering the entire wire. Take a silver lace flower and stick it on the outer side of the basket.
Your floral designed gift basket is completely ready to use.
Step 12: Conclusion
So, which gift basket design is your favorite? Let us know your comments below.