Handmade flowers are much popular these days for decorating the tables or dressing tables. The decorations they can add to your occasions or birthday parties are totally different. This would not only help you with beautiful flowers that would be decorated as per your needs but would also be cost-effective too.
Today, we will learn how to make lovely paper flowers in three different ways.
Step 1: Things You Need to Make First Pattern
- Crepe paper in yellow, pink and green
- Green color tape
- Scissors and glue
Step 2: Let’s Take Crepe Paper Petals!
Here is how the process of making these adorable paper flowers are to be carried out.
- Take a crepe paper and fold into half. Cut out thick strips from the crepe paper. Again, fold the strips to cut out 3 to 4 similar size squares from it.
- Now take two squares and fold them into half. Cut out one of the edges of the crepe paper giving it a bullet like a shape when opened. Again, join two such crepe bullet papers and pull them from the center side.
Step 3: Let’s Make a Bud & Stick Petals to Give It a Floral Look!
- Take a paper piece and take a crepe paper too. Wrap the paper piece covered with the crepe paper. Join the ends of the crepe paper using glue at the bottom side.
- For making it firm, take a craft wire and tie the ends of the crepe paper making the center bud of the flower.
- Now take one of the crepe bullet paper piecesor paper petal and the paper bud. Stick the bud in the center of the paper petal using some glue in the lower side.
- Similarly, take another paper petal and stick it on the opposite side of the first petal to give a complete floral look.
- Again, take two more paper petals and stick them to increase the number of petals of the flowers.
Step 4: Let’s Make a Chain of Triangles!
Now take a green color crepe paper. Fold it into a thin strip and cut it in a crossway. This would form a chain of triangles.
Step 5: Cover the Toothpick With Green Tape!
- Take a toothpick and a green colored color tape. Stick the end of the color tape on the toothpick. Now wrap the color tape on the toothpick covering the entire toothpick. When you reach at the other end of the toothpick, place the flower on it firmly and stick the flower and the color tape using glue on it.
- Finally, take the triangular chain and stick it on the edge of the flower covering the color tape. You can also warp the green color tape on the chain for a finishing look and increasing the firmness of the flower.
In this way, make as many flowers as you want in different colors.
Step 6: Things You Need to Make Second Pattern!
For making this second pattern, here is what you need to do.
- Crepe paper in different colors
- Green color tape
- Scissors and glue
Step 7: Let’s Make Crepe Paper Petals!
Follow these steps for making this adorable flower set.
- Take a crepe paper in pink and yellow. And cut them out with measurements 2 x 12 cm.
- For folding the crepe paper, take a pinch in the center. Make a slight twist and join the papers.
- Pull or stretch the petals from the center.
- For making the fold firm, stick the ends of the paper from below. Make 5 such petals from the crepe paper.
Step 8: Let’s Stick the Petals on Toothpick!
- Now take a toothpick and stick the lower part of the petal on the toothpick covering it properly. Take another petal and stick it beside the first petal on its edge.
- Again, take another petal and stick it on the petal edge making a chain of such petals. Finally, stick the last petal on the edge forming a flower.
Step 9: Let’s Cover the Base of Flower With Color Tape!
- Now take a color tape in green. Start sticking the color tape from the base of the flower. Cover the entire stick by rolling the color tape on it. As you reach to the end of the toothpick stick the end of the color tape using glue.
Make three more flowers, in the same way, using similar color crepe paper or different as you want.
Step 10: Things You Need to Make Third Pattern
Last but not least, this kind of flowers are much delicate with the fluffy look they come with. Here is what you need and have to do.
- Crepe paper in pink and green
- Green color tape
- Craft wire
- Zig-zag scissors and glue
Step 11: Let’s Make Crepe Paper Petals!
To make such glossy flowers here is what you have to do.
- Take a crepe paper. Fold it into half till you reach a proper thick strip of nearly 3 to 4 inches. Now fold the strip from the center into half.
- Now take a zig-zag scissors and cut one side edge of it forming a minor curve. As you open the strip, it would come with a zig-zag lining on the top side.
Step 12: Let’s the Lower Side of the Crepe Paper Strip!
- Now fold the strip into half. Take a needle and thread and stitch the lower side of the crepe paper strip.
- When completely stitched, pull the thread gathering the crepe paper. Stick the end of the paper with the inner fold next to it.
Step 13: Let’s Fix the Toothpick and Cover It With Green Tape!
- Now take a toothpick stick and using some glue, stick the toothpick inside the crepe flower on the downward side.
- Take another green color crepe paper strip and stick it on the joining part of the stick and flower. Stick it properly gathering the ends on the stick.
- Take a green color tape and stick it on the end of the green crepe paper to make it firm. Wrap the color tape on the toothpick and stick the end of the color tape on the end of the stick.
Step 14: Let’s Make Leaves!
- Now take a crepe paper square in green. Fold the crepe paper and cut it from one end to the other in a leaf form.
- Take a craft wire and stick it properly on the center of one of the leaves. Cover with leaf with the other one with centralized craft wire. Make another similar leaf set too. Finally, stick the leaves on the flower by wrapping the remaining craft wire and then using glue for making it firm.
You are now ready with this feathery flower to increase the look of your vase or decoration.
Step 15: Conclusion
In this way, you can make these fancy flowers in three varieties. So, which one are you going to design with for your home?