Introduction: How to Make DIY Cupboard for Jewellery Storage?
Tired of arranging tiny things in the cupboard or drawer every now and then? Why not look for a small Almira or cupboard that would help you in keeping everything on place?
Yes, but you don’t need to run to the market for having one for yourself. You can make one on your own and design it as per your taste. Today, we shall learn how to make an Almira using a plastic bottle.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- 1 Big plastic bottle
- Glitter paper
- Color paper
- Rubber band and bead lace
- Craft wire and bead
- Cello tape and glue
- Cutter, marker and scale
Follow the steps below to your cutest Almira.
Step 2: Let's Take a Plastic Bottle & Cut It!
Firstly, take a big plastic bottle. Using a marker, mark the top of the bottle and cut it using a cutter. Similarly, mark the bottom of the bottle at around 1 inch and cut it too for removing the base of the bottle.
Step 3: Let's Take a Cardboard!
- Now take cardboard. Place the bottle on the cardboard and draw a circle on it. Cut the circle from the cardboard using a cutter. Cut another same size circle too from the cardboard.
Step 4: Let's Make the Door!
- Now leaving an inch from the top and bottom, use a marker and mark lines to make the door of the bottle or Almira. Cut the marked lines and remove the door completely.
Step 5: Let's Stick the Cardboard!
- Apply some glue to the cardboard and stick it to the bottom of the bottle from inside. Similarly, apply glue to the other circular cardboard and stick it to the top side of the bottle from inside.
- Using a cello tape, attach the door to the Almira.
Step 6: Let's Cover the Craft Using Glitter Sheet!
- Now take a glitter sheet. Apply some glue on the base cardboard and place it on the glitter sheet. When it sticks properly, cut out the paper in a circular shape.
- Now take some glitter sheet strips in different shades of the same color. Using some glue, start sticking them one by one covering the entire plastic bottle Almira. Make sure you cover the door of the Almira also. You can also use a scale to fix the strips properly in the bottle gaps.
Step 7: Let's Cover the Cardboard Using Color Sheet!
- Now take two circular cardboard pieces of similar size to the base cardboard.
- Take a color sheet. Apply some glue on the cardboard and stick the color sheet on it.
- Cut out a strip and cover the sides of the circular cardboard.
- Cover the other cardboard similarly. Make sure the front side of the cardboard edge is covered with glitter paper you used before.
Step 8: Let's Make Shelves in the Almira!
- Apply some glue inside the plastic bottle to stick the circular cardboard. Stick the cardboards forming different shelves in the Almira.
Step 9: Let's Fix the Rubber & Bead!
- Pull the rubber to the end for making a button to hand the rubber for closing. Make a hole there. Take a wire and a bead. Enter the bead into the wire and pass through the ends of the wire through the hole. Bend and make a knot of the wire to make the beaded button. You can also use some glue for firmness.
- From being the wired bead, apply some glue in a straight line covering the entire Almira on the other side. Stick the beaded lace on the glue properly.
Step 10: Conclusion
What a decorative and dainty Almira piece it is, isn’t it! The lovely Almira can be placed on the dressing tables for storing various nail paint bottles, clips, and other accessories to give the table an organized look.