Introduction: How to Make DIY Room Décor From Cardboard?
Decorating the room with various wall hanging crafts, showpieces, frames, etc. has been one of the hobbies of women. But not everyone can afford those costly décor items for decorating the rooms. For such women, here is a costless idea of decoration. Try this best out of waste DIY room décor which is made using unwanted cardboards. Making the décor item would not only help you with something designing but would also give you an opportunity to bring out your creativity.
So, here is how you can make this adorable room décor and the list of things you would require to make it.
Step 1: Things You Need
- Tissue paper
- Foam sheets
- Artificial plants, flowers,and bird
- Thermocol balls
- Acrylic colors
- A pencil, glue and paint brush
After gathering all the things, here are the steps you need to follow to make this décor item.
Step 2: Let's Draw a Cloud Figure!
- Take a cardboard and draw a cloud-likea figure on it using a pencil to make the base of the item. Cut the figure using a cutter. After cutting, draw an inner border of the figure too.
- Cut out 4 to 5 similar figures 1 inch smaller each than the prior one. This would give you a step-like structure when kept on each other.
Step 3: Let's Paste All Shapes!
Now take the biggest cardboard piece, apply glue on it and stick the next one on it. Similarly, stick all the cardboards on each other with the smallest one on the top of all.
Step 4: Let's Paste Tissue Papers!
- Now take some glue and tissue papers. Cut out the tissue papers into pieces. Apply glue on the cardboard using some brush, stick the tissue paper on the cardboard and apply some glue on it too. Cover the entire cardboard piece using tissue paper and glue.
Step 5: Let's Color the Craft!
- Time to color! Take some acrylic colors to make brown rock like color. Color the entire cardboard using it. When dry, using orange color give it some shading for a realistic look on the borders and corners. Keep aside.
Step 6: Let's Draw Leaf!
- Now take another cardboard. Draw a leaf-likea figure on it. Cut it out using a cutter or scissors. Remove the outer layer of the cardboard. Paint the cardboard using brown color on both sides. Give the leaf a slightly bent texture.
Step 7: Let's Arrange the Base & Leaf!
- Now take the cardboard base and the leaf. Stick the leaf on the cardboard using some glue and also enter a stick in the center of the leaf base. Place a stick on the backside of the leaf too for giving it a proper slant texture.
Step 8: Let's Make Flowers!
- Now take foam sheets and cut them into 3 x 3 inches. Take one of the sheets and make a point in the center of the sheet using a pencil. Make 4 cuts from the center of the sides but make sure you don’t completely cut it into half. Now, from the side make a slant cut to the center half cut like to give the sheet a petal-likea look. Similarly, cut all four sides. Cut the petals from the center with a V shape to give it proper texture. Similarly, make other flowers from the foam sheets.
Step 9: Let's Give Them Real Look!
- Now take an iron and place on the table in a standing position. Heat it. Take a flower and press it using a stick giving proper pressure on the center of the flower. After some seconds leave the flower. As soon as you will leave the flower, it would get folded in the inner side giving you proper floral texture. Continue with all the flowers.
Step 10: Let's Decorate the Craft!
- Now take some artificial plants and stick some behind the leaf-like cardboard. Also, stick some on the stick that you placed on the cardboard leaf in the center. Take the flowers you made and stick them in between the artificial plants. Use some other artificial flowers too and cover the area besides, front and back of the leaf cardboard properly.
Step 11: Let's Paste a Bird!
- Lastly, take an artificial bird and stick on the front side of the leaf cardboard before the artificial plants. Take some thermocol balls and make a grape bunch-like structure from it. Stick it on the top of the leaf cardboard.
Step 12: Conclusion
Isn’t it a beautiful art piece for decorating your rooms? Be it sitting room, the dining hall or even the bedroom, such tiny cute décor items made from cardboards would surely give an embossed look to your rooms. Again, it is quite easy to make or keep your kids engaged in revealing their ideas. So, are you ready to make one for your room?