We are going to make Vegetable Manchurian in Indian style. You can either make it dry Manchurian or Manchurian with some gravy to it.
Serves: 2-4 People
Required Ingredients :
Chopped Spring Onion
Red Chili Powder
Tomato Puree or Tomato Ketchup
Sriracha / Schezwan /Green chill sauce (Optional)
Step 1: Grate Vegetables Required for Veg Machurian
1. Grate Cabbage to make Manchurian balls
2. You can also add grated Carrots and fine chopped Capsicum to it
Step 2: Make Vegetables Dough and Prepare Manchurian Balls
Add two tablespoon maida, two tablespoon corn flour and some salt (as per taste) and little water to make a thick dough. Prepare Manchurian balls from the dough, like we prepare Falafel balls from chickpeas paste. Make sure to get the desired thickness to the dough so that you can prepare Manchurian balls from it.
Step 3: Deep Fry Manchurian Balls
Now, heat the olive oil (or any other oil of your choice ) in a pan. Fry the Manchurian balls in the pan until they turn golden brown.
Step 4: Prepare Veg Manchurian Gravy
1. Heat olive oil in a pan
2. Once the pan and oil is hot, add chopped garlic and chopped spring onions (save some chopped spring onions for garnishing)
2. Fry garlic and spring onion for some time and then add chopped onions
3. Once onions are medium fried, add chopped carrots and capsicum to the pan
4. Keep stirring the vegetables and add one tablespoon white vinegar and soy sauce
5. Now add some red chili powder, salt (as per taste) and Chings Manchurian masala.
6. Stir fry the vegetables in the pan and add some tomato puree (or tomato ketchup)
6. Add some water and cornstarch as per desired thickness of Manchurian gravy.
7. Close the lid and let the vegetables cook for few minutes.
8. Add some Sriracha / Schezwan /Green chill sauce if you want it spicier.
Step 5: Add Manchurian Balls to the Prepared Gravy
Once the Manchurian gravy is cooked, add the dry Manchurian balls to the gravy. Mix them well and our delicious Veg Manchurian is ready. Garnish it with coriander leaves and spring onion and serve with Veg fried rice or Veg Hakka Noddles.