I love Dulce de Leche but making it takes a lot of time. I'll show you how to make it in record time using the Instant Pot. The store bought Dulce de Leche is not nearly as good as the stuff you make yourself.
Some of you might be asking what is Dulce de Leche? Well it's basically a liquid confectionery made from sweetened condensed milk. Dulce de Leche can be used on and in desserts, on ice cream, baked goods or my personal preference on toast.
Step 1: Ingredients
Step 2: Converting the Milk to Dulce De Leche
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of water in a stainless steel bowl that will fit into the Instant Pot
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the bowl and mix with the baking soda mixture
- Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot, then place the bowl into the Instant Pot
- Cook at high pressure for 1 hour
- Once the sweetened condensed milk is cooked it should have a deep brown color
- Use an immersion blender or whisk to mix up the dulce de leche
- Pour into a jar and enjoy
- Enjoy it over cakes, ice cream and desserts
- Store in the fridge
*The baking soda helps with the conversion of the sweetened condensed milk to dulce de leche (maillard reaction)
Check out the video too: