In this instructable I will show you how to make the easiest tortilla pan pizza. If you can make a tortilla bread (see my previous instructable) then it is a small step to create a tortilla pan pizza. The Jim Lahey bread dough works really well to create a tortilla pan pizza as well. You only need a really hot oven, tortilla bread dough and your favorite toppings. Create some no-knead bread in about five minutes and let it rest for at least 4 hours, but preferably 12 hours.
Step 1: Overview
For the easiest tortilla pan pizza I recommend the Jim Lahey bread dough as it is easy to make. Time will take care of the dough so you only need some patience. For the Jim Lahey no-knead bread use the following ingredients: 3 cups of all purpose organic flour, ¼ teaspoon of yeast, 1¼ teaspoon of salt (or ½ teaspoon of salt if you do not like to use to much salt) and 1½ cup of warm water.
When the dough is about ready you can start with creating a great tomato sauce. I use normal tomatoes for this and cut it into pieces and sieve tomato sauce. First I cook the sliced tomatoes in a hot pan. Stir regularly as the moisture is leaving the tomatoes and turns into a sauce. By adding the sieved tomatoes the sauce because rich and full. Then take some a baking sheet and put it into a pan. Brush some oil onto the baking sheet.
Then take the dough and put it into the pan on top of the baking sheet. Take a little flour and push the dough across the pan into the shape of a pizza. Now take the tomato sauce and spread it on the pizza. Then add the following ingredients: onions, ball peppers, mushrooms, scallions, bacon, salami sopressa, and lots of cheese hard mozzarella.
Pre-heat the oven at 450℉. Then bake the pizza in the oven for about 25 minutes or however longer until the cheese is melted and the dough has risen. Serve immediately.
Step 2: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the easiest tortlla pan pizza? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 3: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
For the dough:
- 3 cups of all purpose organic flour
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon yeast
- 1½ cups of warm water
For the toppings:
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- ½ bell pepper
- 10 mushrooms
- 4 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of salami sopressa
- 2 tomatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of sieved tomatoes
- 1 scallion
Step 4: Instructions
- Combine flour, salt and yeast in a bowl. Stir so that the salt and yeast is evenly distributed before adding the warm water.
- Stir with at wooden spoon or your hands until a consistent dough is formed.
- Wrap plastic foil around the bowl and cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Set aside for 12 to 24 hours to let the dough rise.
- Slice all the tomatoes and bake in a hot pan.
- Add the sieved tomatoes and keep stirring until all the tomatoes have gone soft and are turned into a sauce.
- Put a bakingsheet in a pan.
- Slide the tortilla dough in a pan and press into a pizza shape with your hands.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza.
- Add cheese, onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, bacon, salami sopressa, scallion and more cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven at 450℉ and bake the pizza for 25 minutes or how ever longer until all the cheese has melted and the pizza has doubled in volume.
- Ready to eat.
Step 5: Notes
Have some left over pizza? Store it in the refrigerator and freeze. When you want to eat it first make sure the pizza is defrosted. Then heat the oven at 392℉/200℃ and warm the pizza for another 8 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.