Dosai is one of the very famous South Indian delicacy made with fermented batter of Rice and Blackgram lentils. there are many variations of Dosai.
In this instructable, I will explain how to make Egg Dosai
Step 1: Ingredients
The ingredients mentioned here are for making one Dosai.Please adjust the ingredients as per your requirement
- One cup of Dosai Batter
- One Egg
- One medium sized onion
- One Green chili
- One Tomato
Step 2: Prepare Ingredients
- Chop Onion, Tomato and green chilli into very fine pieces and keep aside
Step 3: Pour Dosai
- Heat a Dosai making pan over medium heat
- Mix the Dosai batter well before pouring
- Sprinkle little water on the pan to see whether it is heated or not.
- Once the pan is heated, pour a cup of batter and spread it thinly to a round shape over the pan
- Add little oil on the sides and cover with a lid for about few seconds. This will make the top layer little steamed for spreading egg
Step 4: Break and Spread Egg
- Break one egg and pour over the partially cooked Dosai
- Using a ladle, spread the raw egg evenly on top
Step 5: Add Other Ingredients
- Spread chopped onions, green chilli and tomato pieces over the egg layer
- Sprinkle little salt over the egg layer
- Cover the Dosai with a lid once again and allow it to cook fully
Step 6: Serve Hot
- Open the lid and check.
- If the egg layer is properly cooked with trapped steam inside the lid, put off flame.
- Using a Dosai flipper remove the Egg Dosai from the pan and serve hot
No sides are required with Egg Dosai, but you can use coconut chutney if you like