Introduction: How to Make Fish and Shrimp Cauliflower Tacos
In this instructable I will show you how to make healthy fresh fish and shrimp cauliflower tacos. Quite a mouthful but wait until you get a taste of it.
What do you need to make healthy fresh fish and shrimp cauliflower tacos. First of all you need fish and shrimps. For this recipe I use cod filet. A great fish that is firm and full of flavor and with filets you do not get the fish bones. I also use big shrimps in this dish mostly because in my opinion you can’t go wrong with shrimps whether it is small or big shrimps. To tie these two ingredients together I add pointed head cabbage and sliced in ultra thin like spaghetti. No recipe without onion and garlic and today is no exception. Then some spices and hot sauce and your taco filling is done.
For the tacos I use creamy cauliflower tacos. You can make these tacos by following my previous instructable. They do not taste anything like cauliflower. The structure of these tacos combines really well the fish and the vegetables as the tacos are so more soft (they are not called dreamy creamy tacos for nothing). If you do not have cauliflower tacos no problem you can also choose to use (store-bought or homemade) corn tortillas or crunchy corn tacos. It will still taste great.
You can eat the tacos with some Tex-mex rice (see instructable), a perfect side dish for this recipe. This is a one pot recipe and you just combine the ingredients and let it come together. It is a spicy dish and can be eaten as a main dish all by itself. So there you have it a really wholesome, tasteful, simple, fast taco dinner.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the fresh fish and shrimp tacos? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 4 cauliflower tacos. You can make these by following this instructable
- 200 grams of cod
- 20 big shrimps
- ½ pointed head cabbage
- ½ onion
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- cooking spray
- ½ cup of water
Step 3: Instructions
- Prepare by slicing all the cabbage, onion and garlic.
- Heat a large skillet and use cooking spray to coat the pan.
- Pan fry the cod until brown. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Pan fry the shrimp until pink. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Bake the white onion, red onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add the cabbage and stir continuously. Then add the cumin and chili powder while stirring the cabbage.
- Add water and stir again.
- Now put the shrimp back in the pan.
- Shred the cod before you return it back in the pan as well. Let it warm through.
- Warm the tacos either by warming them in a pan or in the oven at 300℉/150℃.
- Ready to serve.