Are you fond of the best out of waste craft concepts? They not only help in making something useful for routine but also recycle unwanted products. Today, we shall learn how to recycle the unwanted empty cold drink plastic bottle to make a flower vase to for decorating your room desks. The craft is much easier to make as well as less time consuming too.
So, are you ready to make this beautiful flower vase using empty plastic bottles of cold drink?
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- 2 Empty cold drink plastic bottles
- 1 Plastic water bottle (empty)
- Tissue papers
- Acrylic colors and paint brush
- Beaded lace and stone lace
- Craft mirrors
- Pearl beads or pearl lace
- Glue and cutter
When you have all the required things handy, here are the steps you need to continue with.
Step 2: Let's Take Plastic Bottles!
- Take 2 empty plastic bottles of cold drinks. Cut the upper part of the plastic bottles using a cutter. Again, take one of the plastic bottlenecks and cut the neck of the bottle.
Step 3: Let's Take Another Plastic Bottle!
- Now take a third bottle and using a cutter, cut the upper portion of the bottle and the neck too.
Step 4: Let's Cut the Circular Cardboard!
- Now take a cardboard and cut a circular part from it with the same size of the bottle base. Apply glue on the edges of the cardboard and stick it to the base of the lower plastic part from inside.
- Apply glue on the edge and stick the center part of the plastic bottle. And finally, stick the third part upside down to give a broad opening to the vase. Give the opening of the vase a curvy wave look too.
Step 5: Let's Take Tissue Papers & Cover Entire Bottle!
- Now take a bowl and add some water and glue in it. Mix using a painting brush. Take some tissue papers and cut them into pieces. Apply glue on the plastic bottle and stick the tissue paper pieces on it. Cover the entire bottle in a similar way. Apply glue on the tissue papers too for properly sticking them. Allow it to dry.
Step 6: Let's Color the Flower Vase!
- For coloring, the flower vase, take some acrylic colors. Use three different colors (like red, orange and yellow) for three different parts of the bottle. Start with coloring the bottom of the vase.
Step 7: Let's Decorate the Vase!
- Now take some pearl beads and glue too. Stick some glue on the bottom of the vase and place the pearl beads or pearl lace on it. Also, stick the pearl lace on the edge of the flower vase using glue.
Step 8: Let's Decorate Using Craft Mirrors!
For decorating the flower vase, take some small craft mirrors. Stick the craft mirrors on the center parts of the vase at a proper distance. Take a beaded lace and surround the craft mirrors using the lace and glue. Again, take some stone lace. Stick the lace on the joints plastic bottle parts using glue.
Step 9: Conclusion
Your decorative flower vase is completely ready to use. You can fill it with artificial flowers as well as real ones too. Again, you can also go for additional decoration with beads, laces, stones, etc. and give it a new look. So, are you ready with your own designing ideas? Let us know your experience of making the flower vase.