Want to decorate your walls with something that is made out of waste materials? You have landed on the right page. Such hanging wall decorations are made out of cardboard and other waste items that are generally thrown away.
So, here is how you can decorate your home walls with something made with zero cost at your own home.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need to Have
- Foam sheet (white and green)
- Cutter, scissors,and glue
- Toothpick sticks
- Golden (Artificial) and baby pink pollen
- Acrylic and pastel colors
- Pencil and scale
Step 2: Let’s Take a Cardboard & Cut It!
To make this beautiful flower wall hanging decoration, follow the steps below.
- Take cardboard of around 9 inches and draw out vertical lines on the board with equal sizes.
- Cut out the lines drawn on the entire cardboard.
- Using a cutter remove the outer layer of every strip of the cardboard.
Step 3: Let’s Cover the Cardboard!
- Take another cardboard of measurement 19x26 cms and stick the cardboard strips on it vertically.
- Doing so would leave some part of the strip outside on both the side alternatively where one strip is placed plain while the other is placed with a removed layer on top.
Step 4: Let’s Start Painting!
- After covering the entire cardboard with the strips take some acrylic colors and start painting the cardboard with brown or wooden like the color.
- Cover the entire cardboard including the edges and sides too.
Step 5: Let’s Take Foam Sheet!
- Now take a foam sheet and fold it into half and cut it into two equal parts.
- Again, fold the cutoff parts into half and cut it forming medium size squares.
- Now fold the square from the center and cut out the edge of the square giving it curvy sides.
- When all the foam sheets are cut off in a similar way, take green pastel color and rub it on the foam gently giving making it green.
- Stick the edges of all the square foam sheets giving it a conical shape.
Step 6: Let’s Make Pollen!
- Now take some toothpick sticks and some pollen in artificial golden and baby pink colors.
- Take 2-3 artificial golden and baby pink pollens and stick them on the edge of the toothpick sticks.
- Insert the toothpick stick inside the foam cones and stick them well.
Step 7: Let’s Make Leaves!
- Now take a green foam sheet and cut small leaf shape pieces from it.
- Join a pinch of the circular base of the leaf giving it a folded look and fix the foam cones inside the leaf with glue. Using a green color tape, cover the remaining toothpick from the leaf cones.
Step 8: Arrange All Stuff!
- Take the cardboard and stick all the cones on it from the lower side of the cardboard to the upper side in a slanted way. Finally, stick a hook on the back side.
Step 9: Conclusion
Your DIY cardboard flower wall decoration is all set to use for your rooms. You can choose the colors of your choice to give it a perfect match for your walls too.