Intro: How to Make Handmade Purse Using Cardboard?
Purses are an essentiality and a must for the ladies. They like to keep all their essential items inside the purse including cards and money. Therefore, purses are one such thing which is being shopped frequently.
Here we bring to you a beautiful designer purse where you can keep all the basic items in it. This is a wonderful papercraft accessory that you can make for yourself.
Step 1: Things Needed to Make Handmade Purse
- Printed Paper
- Color Paper
- Craft Scissors
- Glue Gun
- Glue Stick
- Golden pearls
- Decorative Lace
Step 2: Let's Cut the Cardboard!
- Take a cardboard and mark the dimensions on it.
- Divide the sheet into 3 parts and cut it.
- Cut out the 3 rectangles as well.
Step 3: Let's Paste the Printed & Red Sheet Cardboard Design!
- Take a printed paper and cut out a rectangular shape of it.
- Now mark a distance of 1 cm from all the sides.
- Now draw the shapes similar to the rectangular cardboard piece. Paste the cardboard pieces.
- Run the cutter slowly on the outer markings for easy folding. Do not cut it.
- Now cut out the square pieces from all the corners.
- Now take a red paper and mark the measurements on it.
- Cut along the drawn measurement.
- Paste the red sheet on the cardboard design to cover it.
Step 4: Let's Make the Design As Shown!
- Take a printed paper and mark the measurement on it. Cut it.
- Now paste it on the cardboard flap/
- Take the red paper and mark the same dimensions as that of the printed paper. Cut it.
- Now mark 1 cm distance from all the 3 sides.
- Slowly run the cutter on the markings and fold it.
- Paste it on the flap of the cardboard.
- Cut one portion of the red cutout sheet using craft scissors to get the design. Paste it.
Step 5: Let's Make a Small Pocket & Decorate the Purse!
- Mark the distance of 9*9 cm on a printed paper and cut it.
- Mark the distance of 1 cm from all the 3 sides. Again mark a distance of half cm.
- Slowly run the cutter for easy folding.
- Make some small cuttings at the corners.
- Paste these two paper pieces in the middle of the cardboard.
- Similarly, take a small piece measuring 7*7 cm. Mark the distance of 1.5 cm on it and use a cutter for easy folding
- Mark a distance of 1 cm as shown and cut it.
- Take 1 cm wide red strip and paste it as shown. Leave a small gap in the middle. Now paste the flap as well.
- Make the design using craft scissors.
- Take a red sheet and cut out a strip.
- Take the printed sheet, mark half the distance and reduce the width by 1 cm. Cut it.
- Paste these two strips.
- Paste this strip on the cardboard flap as shown here.
- Now paste the Velcro. This will help to close the purse.
- Finally decorate the purse using lace, beads and golden pearls.
Wow!! Your beautiful handmade paper purse is now ready.
Step 6: Conclusion
You can keep your stuff inside this purse. It looks amazing and fulfils the purpose. You can also use it for gifting purposes as well.
Hope you have enjoyed watching our craft video. Please do not forget to share your suggestion and experiences with us in the comments section below.