In this instructable I will show you how to make high protein French Toast Tortillas. If you work out regularly you know how important proteins are for recovery. These high protein French toast tortillas are great even if you don't workout; You can eat them at breakfast, or as pre or post workout meal. They are healthy and delicious.
The high protein French toast tortilla is a cross between French toast and crepe. It's main ingredients are flour tortillas, eggs, additional egg whites, milk, protein powder, (homemade) Nutella and banana. I recommend using homemade flour tortillas (see my previous instructable) for this recipe because they are so much tastier but you can use store bought as well.
If you have sweet memories of cinnamon do not hesitate to use it as well. As it is high protein I include protein powder as one of the ingredients. Because the French toast tortilla has banana filling I choose banana flavour protein. You can sprinkle with powdered Sugar if you like it more sweet.
A full instruction and printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 4 small tortilla (you can use store bought flour tortillas or make them yourself, see instructable)
- 1 medium egg
- 30 ml egg white
- 20 ml skimmed milk
- ½ scoop of protein powder
- 1 mashed banana
Step 2: Instructions
- Start with whipping up the eggs, egg whites and the milk together.
- Add banana flavoured whey powder to the batter.
- Set the batter aside.
- Put the banana in a bowl. Mash so it turns into banana saus. Then set aside.
- Immerse a tortilla into the egg mixture and coat both sides well. Let the tortilla soak up the batter.
- Cook in a medium to hot pan.
- Take the tortilla out of the pan and let it cool slightly before spreading Nutella on the tortilla.
- Add the banana puree and fold the tortilla.
- Sprinkle some chocolate whey powder (or icing sugar) on top.
- Add some blue berries or other fruit and serve immediately.
Step 3: Notes
You can customise these high protein French toast tortillas to your liking. Some suggestions to use instead of (homemade) Nutella:
- Strawberry jam
- Blackberry jam
- Blue berry jam
- Peanutbutter and Jelly
- Maple or Apple syrup
Not a lover of banana? No worries the options are endless:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.