Introduction: How to Make Magic Bars
Have you ever made a list of your favorite foods?
Try magic bars and you'll want to add it to your top 10!
This instructable will teach you how to make two dozen magic bars for you, your friends, and your family! You will need to know this if you are craving some sweet, delicious, and rich dessert!
What you need:
- Non-stick cooking spray or a little butter
- A 200-gram bag of graham crackers or 1 1/2 cups of pre-crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 300-400 mL condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup some type of nuts (I used walnuts)
- A 9x13 in. pan (glass or metal)
Before you do anything else, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius).
Step 1: Preparation
Time to get all the ingredients ready! First, spray or butter the bottom of the inside of the pan. Next, get your graham crackers and put them in a Ziploc bag. Smash the graham crackers until they are close to a fine powder as seen in the picture. Only collect 1 and a 1/2 cups of the graham cracker powder.
Then, take your 1/2 cup butter and put it in the microwave for 20 to 40 seconds, or until it is mostly liquid. Stir the butter a few times to break any extra chunks down. After mixing, take the graham cracker powder and melted butter, and mix them together. Stir thoroughly until all the powder is a darker brown.
Finally, grab your knife and cutting board, and chop the nuts until they are in tiny pieces. Look at the fourth picture of nuts for reference.
Step 2: Adding the Layers
Now we put it all together! For this step you will layer the following ingredients on top of each other. Make sure to spread them each evenly! First, get the graham cracker and butter mix and spread it onto the bottom inside of the pan. Make sure to press it down to compact it. After doing that, open the condensed milk, and pour it on. Do not forget the edges! Then, add your flaked coconut. When I made it, I left out a section of coconut for a family member who does not like it. Next, add your chocolate chips. Finally, layer it a last time with nuts.
We're almost done!
Step 3: Finishing It Up!
On to the last few things! First, put foil over your pan. Make sure to fold it over the edges for a secure fit. Next, put it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the sides are slightly browned. After it has cooked, take it out and let it cool for 15 to 20 minutes. After cooling you can either eat all the deliciousness, or refrigerate it for later.
Your magic bars are finished! Now, you can get your sugar cravings out of the way!
Enjoy, and remember to add it to your top 10 favorites!
- You can change the order of the condensed milk, coconut, chocolate chips, and nuts any way you want to! Just make sure to leave the graham cracker mix as the bottom support.
- Pull apart the coconut flakes so that they do not make lumps in your dessert.
- When crushing the graham crackers you can use your hands, a hammer, or even your feet!