This is a super easy noodle recipe that only requires a few ingredients and is delicious. You can make it ahead of time and take it for lunch or as a snack. It can serve as a base and you can add what ever extras you like such as veggies and meat.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Shrimp Noodles
- Oyster Sauce
- Vegetable Oil (Canola, Corn, Peanut etc..)
- Green Onions
- Boiling Water
Shrimp noodles are the noodles that can be used in won ton noodle soup or stir-fried noodle dishes, they typically come dried and store really well but you can get fresh versions of the noodles as well. You can get them with out shrimp flavor as just plain egg noodles. Oyster sauce is a very common sauce and it tastes nothing like actual oysters, it's salty and savory. Both of these can be found in some grocery stores or any Asian grocery.
Step 2: Video
Check out my video on how to make these yummy noodles:
Step 3: How to Make
There are only a few easy steps to make this dish:
- Boil some water in a kettle or pot
- Put two dried noodles in a bowl
- Cover the noodles with water, let the noodles hydrate then using a fork or chopsticks to loosen the noodles
- Drain the water and put the noodles in a bowl
- Add oil so all the noodles are covered
- Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and mix into the noodles, you can add more or less depending how much flavor you want
- Garnish with green onions
Optionally you can put some veggies or left over meat and mix with the noodles for a super quick meal.