Introduction: How to Make Pita Chips
In this instructable I will show you how you can make easy pita chips, These pita chips are a delicious but responsible snack. You can make them from store-bought pita bread or make pita bread yourself and use some for this great snack like I did. To make pita bread you can follow my previous instructable.
The pita chips is easy to make. Cut a pita bread through the middle and then in two halves. Then cut the first halved pita in wedges. One half pita can yield 8 wedges and 1 whole pita 16 wedges.
Take a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl. Then take some spices e.g. Italian blend and salt and pepper to taste. Mix the olive oil and the spices before you add the pita bread and cover them with the oil mixture.
Then lay them out on a baking tray while you pre-heat the oven at 420℉/200℃ and bake the pita chips 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown and crispy. You can eat these with for example: tapenada, guacamole, salsa and hummus. You can also cover them with shredded cheese before you put them in the oven. The options are endless and great for a game night.
Step 1: Watch One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the pit chips? Then watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make 32 pita chips you need:
- 2 pita bread
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of spice blend (e.g. oregano, parsley, cumin, paprika)
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 3: Instructions
- Cut a pita bread through the middle and then in two halves.
- Cut the halved pita in wedges.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of spice blend, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the olive oil and spices. Add the pita wedge and cover them with the oil mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven at 420℉/200℃.
- Lay the pita wedges on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately.
Step 4: Notes
One half pita can yield 8 wedges and 1 whole pita 16 wedges.
To make a dip you can watch one of my previous instructables:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortill Channel.