In this instructable I will show you how you can make tasty soft sweet potato flatbread. It's very easy to make with just two ingredients, I like to add some spices to give the flatbread more flavor. This flatbread does not contain oil.
To make the flatbread, first cook about 400 gram of sweet potato in about 15 minutes soft and drain the water. Then let it cool slightly before adding a first cup of spelt flour. Stir it through the sweet potato. Than add ½ cup of spelt flour and stir through until totally absorbed by the sweet potato. Finally the last ½ cup of spelt that you can knead with your hands. In total I added two cups because the sweet potato is a little more wet than regular potatoes.
Knead the potato and spelt flour into an elastic dough and cut into 8 pieces. Roll into a tortilla and bake in a dry skillet about 30 seconds per side. Done. You can eat this with some vegetables and turn this into a healthy wrap or you can eat it with a spicy vegetable curry. You can eat it with anything you like.
Step 1: Watch One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the no oil sweet potato flatbread? Then watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make eight sweet potato flatbread you need the following ingredients:
- 400 gram sweet potato.
- 2 cups of spelt flour.
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herbs or other herbs you like
- flour for dusting
Step 3: Instructions
- Cut and slice the sweet potato and boil for 15 minutes until soft.
- Mash sweet potatoes and add 1 cup of spelt flour. Stir and add ½ cup of spelt flour.
- Add final ½ cup of spelt flour and knead by hand until elastic dough.
- Cut into 8 equal part and roll into a tortilla.
- Heat a skillet on high heat and bake tortilla flatbread in about half to one minute per side.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortill Channel.