In this instructable, I will show you how to make tempting Spanish tortilla tapas pinchos.
When you go to big Spanish cities you find them everywhere Pincho/Pinxto bars. It is quite a sight to see. A bar that is literally filled with food. A pincho is usually a small piece of bread with great treats on top. From croquetas, cheese, Russian salad, to Spanish tortilla. In some bars the pinchos are like a work of art. So pretty you do not want to eat them. If you made my Spanish tortilla dish recently (by following my previous instructable) or you have a bought a Spanish tortilla this instructable shows what more you can do and make tempting Spanish tortilla tapas pinchos.
Pinchos are definitely related to tapas. You eat both as a snack to bridge the gap from one meal to the next or while having drinks and appetizers. Tapas is eaten across the whole of Spain where as a pincho is found more in the North of Spain. Pincho refers to the skewer or toothpick that is used to pinch the food to a piece of bread or the hold it together while cooking.
The base ingredient of this recipe is the Spanish tortilla which consists of three ingredients potatoes, onion and eggs. Slice the Spanish tortilla into pie shaped pieces. Pierce the additional ingredients to the skewer before adding it to the bread. Lets get started!
A printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 bread
- 1 Spanish tortilla (you can buy one or make one by follwing this instructable)
- 2 strips of bacon
- 2 strips of turkey lunch meat
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- ½ bell pepper
Step 2: Instructions
- Heat oven to bake the bread.
- Heat pan medium heat.
- Bake the strips of bacon.
- Bake the strips of turkey lunch meat (optional)
- Bake the bell pepper by softening the bell pepper on medium to high heat.
- Take skewer and but a strip of bake on a skewer, put a strike of turkey on a separate skewer. Repeat for the cherry tomatoes, bell pepper and cold Serrano ham.
- Slice the bread in to small strips as well
- Pinch a skewer in a piece of bread
- Ready to serve
Step 3: Notes
These pinchos are great to make beforehand and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Eat them with a chilled glass of white wine or a Sherry. Want to make you own tapas bar? Serve the pinchos with a bowl of olives, cheese, fried shrimps, some patatas bravas, albondigas, aioli saus or smooth spicy roasted tomato salsa, Russian salad and bread with salmon or crab salad. The options are endless.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.