Introduction: How to Make Spiced Salt
In this instructable I will explain how to make spiced salt which can be used in Ayurvedic preparations and Home-made concoctions like Lemon Tea, Hibiscus tea, Grass Juice and even in normal food items
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
- One cup of normal sea salt
- One teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Few Cinnamon sticks
- One piece of Star Anise
- Few pieces of Cloves
Step 2: Dry-fry the Ingredients
- In a frying pan Dry-fry salt and other ingredients separately.
- When the salt starts to crackle, remove from the pan.
- All other ingredients can be dry-fried till all moisture content is removed from them
- Keep all ingredients open so that they cool down to room temperature
Step 3: Grind to a Fine Powder
- When all the dry-fried ingredients are cooled to normal temperature, transfer them together to a mixer grinder and grind to a fine powder
Step 4: Store and Use
- Remove the grind spiced salt from the grinder and store it in an air-tight container
You can use this spiced salt with Lemon tea, Hibiscus tea, Grass Juice, even with Egg Omelette and any other Ayurvedic concoctions which requires use of salt
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017