Intro: How to Make Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
In this instructable, I will show you how to make spicy chicken quesadillas. Quesadillas is a great alternative to bread for breakfast or for lunch. Especially when you add hot toppings they get even better. Quesadillas are easy to make and the options are endles.
The main ingredient of a quesadilla is a tortilla. You can use store bought tortillas or homemade tortillas. I recommend using homemade flour tortillas, which are also easy to make by following our instructable for this. Beside one or more tortillas we will use the following ingredients: chicken, onion, garlic, roasted red tomato sauce, chives, cheese.
When you bite into one of the quesadillas that you have made, just close you eyes and savour the moment. Forget about your schedule and all the things that you need to do. The only thing you need to do is enjoy and nothing more.
For more information and printable recipe take a look at The Tortilla Channel.
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 150 grams of chicken
- 2 flour tortillas, you can use home made flour tortillas (follow this instructable) or store bought ones
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- shredded cheese to taste
- 2 tablespoons of roasted red spicy tomato salsa (or as an alternative you can use 1 tablespoon of Siracha saus)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (olive oil or sunflower oil)
- ¼ cup of water
Step 2: Instructions
- Slice the chicken, onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Put oil in the pan and heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir regularly.
- Add the roasted red spicy tomato salsa (or Srirach saus) and the water. Stir the mixture.
- Put half of the chicken mixture on a tortilla. Top it with chives and shredded cheese.
- Close the filled tortilla.
- Repeat above steps to make a second quesadilla.
- Fry both quesadillas in a medium to hot pan till they are nice and brown (approx. 4 minutes) .
- Turn the quesadillas and fry the other side till it's nice and brown (3 - 4 minutes)
- Take quesadillas out of the pan and serve immediately.
Step 3: Notes
You can add some dip(s) if you like, for example some guacamole (see instructable) or roasted red tomato salsa.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.