How to make Spinach Corn Sandwich - palak corn sandwich.
This grilled Spinach Corn sandwich is very popular in cafe coffee day. Spinach sandwich is also a great source of protein so its loved by vegan bodybuilders for their diet. Its also a kids favorite recipe as it got lot of iron by spinach which is good for kids health so its a great healthy sandwich.
Step 1: Ingredients for Corn Spinach Sandwich
Bread Slices 5-6
Blanched and chopped Spinach leaves 1 medium bunch
Boiled corn kernels 1 cup
Onions chopped 2
Tomatoes chopped 2
Garlic cloves chopped 5-6
Butter as required
Mayonnaise ½ cup
Grated cheddar cheese
Salt to taste
Step 2: Recipe for Making Spinach Corn Sandwich
- In a non-stick pan, add oil and butter.
- Once it is melted, add chopped garlic. Sauté for a minute or till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Add chopped onion, fry it for few minutes and then add chopped tomatoes. Saute it for few minutes and then sprinkle some salt in it and mix.
- Add spinach and sauté for a minute. Add corn kernels, mix it well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add cheese and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Apply butter on bread slices and spread spinach corn mixture on the buttered bread evenly. Cover it with another bread slice and brush some butter on top.
- Put the buttered side of bread slice in sandwich griller and apply butter again on top.
- Close the griller and let it grill for 5-6 minute or till golden brown.
- Serve hot.