Storage boxes are much essential. They help in storing various things, especially the important and small ones so that you don’t need to hassle to find them. And this is a common art in the list of best out of waste craft ideas. The storage boxes are made out of different waste things, and today, we shall learn how to use old unwanted CDs and Denim cloth to make it.
So, here is the list of things you need for making this beautiful storage box.
Step 1: Things You Need
- 2 old CDs
- Denim cloth
- Jute cloth
- Cardboard piece
- Beaded lace and craft mirrors
- Plastic pipes
- Scissors and glue
- Scale and cutter
After you have gathered all the required things on the desk, here is what you have to do with them.
Step 2: Let's Take CDs!
- Take 2 old CDs. Take a scale and a cutter. Cut out some portion of the CD straight.
Step 3: Let's Cover CD With Denim Cloth!
- Now take a denim cloth, and cover the CD using it one side with some glue. Fold the remaining sides for proper fitting.
Step 4: Let's Take Jute Cloth!
- Now take a jute cloth and cut 2 strips of around 2 inches from it.
Step 5: Let's Fix Zip!
- Now take a zip and stick the jute cloths on both the sides of the zip. Give the jute cloth a folding end.
Step 6: Let's Stick Small Cardboard!
- Take small cardboard and stick it at the end of the zip to stop the chain from opening completely.
Step 7: Let's Stick CDs!
- Now fold the jute cloth and stick the folded portion to the straight part of the CD. Make small cuts using the scissors till the folded part on the end of the jute cloth.
- Apply glue on the folded end and stick it on the CD properly. This would cover the entire CD. Similarly, stick the other end of the jute cloth to the other CD by applying glue. Fold the closing end in the inner side properly.
Step 8: Let's Decorate!
- Time to decorate the storage box. Take some craft mirrors and beaded lace. Apply a mirror on the lower side of the storage box. Surround the mirror using a beaded lace. Similarly, apply the mirror on the opposite side of the storage box and cover it using the beaded lace too.
Step 9: Let's Make Petal Shape!
- Now take a plastic pipe and cut out small pieces of around 1 inch from it using scissors. Cut the pipe pieces into half to open it completely. Again, cut the pieces in the shape of a petal.
Step 10: Let's Stick Petals!
- Apply glue on the edge of the petal and stick it around the beaded lace. When the beaded lace is completely surrounded, make another layer of plastic pipe petal on it. In this way, add three layers to make a flower. Make a similar floral design on the other side of the storage box.
Step 11: Conclusion
So, here you are with an adorable storage box to store your belongings. The box can be used to keep your makeup products, nail paints, jewelry items, and other required things in it. Again, as this box is quite small, it can be also carried along while traveling too. Along with all these, you can also use other decoration items too like laces, diamonds, etc.
So, are you ready with your homemade storage box?