Introduction: How to Make Sweet Potato Tuna Pizza Crust
In this instructable I show you how you can make an easy delicious sweet potato pizza. In my previous instructable I showed how you can make a sweet potato flatbread. In this instructable I am sharing a great way to use them to make a pizza. You can eat this pizza as a lunch bite or if you stack them up for dinner.
The sweet potato flatbread is a great option to use as a pizza crust. Just like pizza crust it is a type of bread dough and this base has a great flavor to it. The sweet potato is a great combination with tuna, therefor I am making a tuna pizza with it.
To make the pizza you start with the sauce and use the following ingredients: a small can of tomato purée, some water, olive oil and herbs (Italian pizza herbs like oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder and black pepper). Combine these ingredients and turn them in a sauce and spread it on the sweet potato flatbreads. Then add some thinly sliced white onions, thin sliced red bell pepper, canned tuna, halved cherry tomatoes and shredded mozzarella.
Add what ever vegetable you like e.g sun dried tomatoes, red tomatoes, olives, etc. All it now needs is some oven time. Put in the oven at 420℉/200℃ for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.Decorate with fresh rucola for a nutty flavor and you have a beautiful pizza that is ready to serve.
Step 1: Watch One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the sweet potato tuna pizza crust? Then watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make three pizzas you will need:
- 3 sweet potato flatbread. You can make these by following my previous instructable.
2 cans of tuna (80 grams cans)
- 1 can of tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian herbs
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 1 finely sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup of halved cherry tomato
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of rucola
Step 3: Instructions
- Put tomato purée in a bowl. Add water, olive oil and herbs. Whisk to combine.
- Put 3 sweet potato flatbread on a baking tray. Spread the sauce on the flatbread.
- Spread the onions, bell peppers and tuna on the flatbread.
- 4 Now add the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on the flatbread.
- Pre-heat the oven at 420℉/200℃.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortill Channel.