Introduction: How to Make Tortilla Migas
In this instructable I will show you how to make lunch tortilla Migas. Migas is an authentic tortilla recipe. There are many varieties of Migas that are actually a different dish. Migas is made in Spain, Portugal but also Mexico. The Spanish and Portuguese version uses bread and meat in it while the Mexican or Tex-Mex version has tortilla as the main ingredient. I use flour tortillas to make this lovely lunch tortilla Migas.
Tex-Mex Migas is in fact a breakfast recipe but with all of the vegetables and eggs in this recipe I much more like to eat is for brunch or lunch. In the authentic version of Migas the corn tortilla is the main ingredient, but flour tortilla works just as well.
Step 1: Overview
To make the tortilla Migas you start with whisking 3 eggs and about a cup of non-fat milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set these aside. Then cut two flour tortillas into small wedges and pan fry them in a skillet. When they are golden brown take them out of the pan and set aside as well. Now it is time to sauté a red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Stir regularly until of the ingredients are soft.
Take the bowl of pan fried tortillas and put them on top of the vegetable mix. Stir through before adding the egg mixture to the pan. Turn the heat to medium and let the Migas simmer for about 10 minutes until all of the egg has turned solid. Decorate with sun dried tomatoes.
Optional you can add some Mozzarella cheese on top of the Migas as well as some dried parsley. Your lunch dish is ready so serve immediately. You totally have the option to add or subtract vegetables to your liking. Eat with some additional tortilla to turn it into a taco, refried beans or with some bread.
Step 2: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the tortilla Migas? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 3: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of non fat milk
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- ½ diced yellow bell pepper
- ½ diced onion
- 6 sun dried tomatoes
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 sliced mushrooms
- 2 flour or corn tortilla cut in wedges. You can use store bought tortillas, or homemade. To make flour tortillas you can follow my previous instructable.
- ½ cup of Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 3 tablespoon of oil olive
Step 4: Instructions
- Whisk 3 eggs and the milk in a bowl set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and pan fry the tortilla wedges. When golden brown take out of the pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the bell peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms until soft.
- Now add the pan fried tortilla wedges and stir through the vegetables.
- Lower the heat to medium before adding the egg mixture
- Add the sun dried tomatoes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Optional add some Mozzarella cheese and parsley.
- Ready to serve.
Step 5: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.