In this instructable I will show you how you can make traditional Dutch pancakes.These pancakes are bigger than regular pancakes but so delicious. They are usually eaten with icing sugar, sugar syrup, brown sugar or granulate Sugar.
In the Netherlands they sell boxed pancake mix, but you can also make this easily from scratch like I show in this instructable. All you need is: whole wheat flour. baking powder and a pinch of salt.
You need to use a big pan to make the pancakes, preferably a non-stick frying pan. Depending on the size of the pan this recipe yields between 12-16 pancakes.
Step 1: Watch One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the Dutch pancakes? Then watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make 12-16 pancakes you need the following ingredients:
- 500 gram whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 900 ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- Butter or baking product
Step 3: Instructions
- Put all the flour in a bowl and add the baking powder and salt. Whisk before adding half of the milk into the bowl.
- Stir until a lump free batter. Now add the remainder of the milk and keep whisking.
- Then stir in the two eggs until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan and add a knob of butter. Add a soup spoon of batter in the pan. Spread the batter and let it set. Bake for about 1 minute per side.
- Keep warm and serve.
Step 4: Notes
These pancakes are usually eaten with icing sugar, sugar syrup, brown sugar or granulate sugar. However you can also make them with bacon. Just bake the bacon first and put the pancake batter on top.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortill Channel.