In this instructable I will show you how you can easy transform a Turkish pide bread (also known as Pida Ekmek) into a tasty pizza. You can use store-bought pide bread to make this pizza or homemade pide bread. If you want to make the Turkish pide bread yourself, you can follow my previous instructable.
To make the pizza you cut the pide bread in eight wedges and cut these wedges in half. After this you can start layering this pizza. I like to add the following ingredients on the pizza: tomato sauce, pesto, red onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, prosciutto, shredded cheese and rucola. But you can also add other toppings, just what you like most.
Pre-heat the oven to 450℉/225℃ and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Finish with some leaves of rucola and serve immediately.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch One Minute Instruction Video
Want to see how you can make the Turkish pide bread pizza? Then watch the 1-minute instruction video.
Step 2: What You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 Turkish pide bread. You can use a store-bought pide bread or make one by following this instructable.
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup pesto
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- ½ rucola
Step 3: Instructions
- Cut the pide bread in 8 wedges, then cut all the wedges in half.
- Put the 16 wedges on a baking tray.
- Brush tomato sauce on all the bread wedges. Then apply green pesto.
- Sprinkle sliced red onions and bell peppers on the bread.
- Add some prosciutto on top of the bread and cover with shredded cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450℉/225℃.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Finish with some rucola and serve immediately.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.