In this instructable I will show you how to make lentil Chili burritos. These burritos are filled with lentils, beans and spices. If you have a slow cooker you can use it for this recipe. If you haven’t no worries you can use the oven as you slow cooker and get the same result. A spicy chili stew with a bite wrapped in a tortilla.
I am using chia tortilla wraps, but you can also use a flour tortilla or a corn tortilla to make the burritos. The Chili is slow cooked because it takes some time for all the spices to penetrate the kidney beans and lentils. I am using the following spices in this recipe: oregano, cumin powder, paprika powder, hot Chili powder
The Chili powder gives this recipe some fire, the lentils and kidney beans give it a bite. With some Basmati rice, green beans inside a tortilla wrap you get a delicious burrito.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the lentil chili burritos? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make two burritos you need the following ingredients:
- 2 chia tortilla wraps (you can also use flour tortillas or corn tortillas)
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup kidney
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ orange bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon of hot Chili powder
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup of water (more if required)
- 2 cups of cooked Basmati rice
- 2 cups of green beans
Step 3: Instructions
- Heat olive oil and pan fry bell peppers, onion and garlic.
- Add kidney beans and lentils. Then add the tomato sauce.
- Stir the vegetable stock cube in the Chili before adding water.
- Then add all the spices to the Chili.
- Pre-heat oven at 470℉/225℃ and put the pan in the oven for 65-70 minutes. If you have a slow cooker you can use it instead of the oven.
- Cook the basmati and green beans in 15 minutes.
- Now take a wrap add some rice, green beans and Chili.
- Fold it into a burrito.
- Ready to server.