This time of year I try and use as much as I can from our land. Today I made Vegetable Lasagna. You can use whatever you have laying around. I used onions, garlic, tomatoes, squash, and zucchini from my garden.
-2-3 green tomatoes
-handful of fresh basil chopped
-2 tbs garlic, minced
-1/4 cup parmesan cheese
-1/2 mozzarella cheese
-1 box of lasagna noodles
-3-4 cups of red sauce
*red seed pepper (optional)
*hot peppers, minced (optional)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Lasagna Veggie Mix
1. Using a food processor chop/mince the onion, squash and zucchini. *hot peppers
2. Place in a large bowl with, cheeses, egg, garlic, and basil. Mix well
3. Precook noodles in boiling water, remove from heat and cool.
Step 2: Sauce
1. I made a small batch of sauce, but you could also use your favorite red sauce.
-1 8oz can tomato paste
-1 12oz can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes.
-1/2 onion, chopped
-2 tsp garlic, minced
-fresh basil and oregano chopped
-2 tsp sugar
-salt and pepper to taste
2. Using a 13x9 glass baking dish. I put a little sauce on the bottom of the pan.
3. Next a layer of pasta, then the veggie mix, pasta noodles, veggie mix and the last row of noodles topped with sauce and cheese.
*You can also make lasagna roll ups instead of the traditional layout.
4. Bake @375 for 30- 40 minutes
Follow us on Instagram and etsy.com @pinehillsfarm to see more!