In this instructable I will show you how to make veggie frenzy stir-fry gluten free tacos, a healthy dish full with vegetables and flavours. It is summer and what better than a dish that reflects the warmth, colors and sunshine that belongs to this season of the year. Food becomes so much more appetising when it has color and this dish will make you smile from ear to ear.
The main ingredients are a variety of vegetables and gluten free corn tacos. The vegetables need quite some dicing and slicing. A small tip to cut the green beans. Take about a handful of beans and chop the top and bottom in one go and then through the middle. I like how they look long so no chopping down the middle. This is such a time saver compared to cleaning and cutting every bean separate.
The gluten free corn taco shells are easy to make yourself, by following my previous instructable. All you need for this is Masa Harina, salt and hot water. If you tried them once you want them again and again. Eat them straight out of the oven. You can store them but they taste much better when they are freshly made and warm.
If you do want a non vegetarian option you can always add some ground beef, shrimp or stir-fry chicken and you are good to go. These tacos work great on the BBQ as well. Just put a skillet on the BBQ and follow the directions in the recipe. If you want that smoky BBQ flavour just grill the peppers on the BBQ first before slicing them and sauté further.
Eat it with rice or refried beans or just solo. Buen provecho!
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 4 corn tacos shells (you can use store bought corn tacos or make them yourself, see instructable)
- 3 color bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 white onion
- green beans
- scherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy saus
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha saus
Step 2: Instructions
- Cut the green beens (chop the top and bottom in one go and then through the middle).
- Heat a pan of water and boil the green beans 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the green beens.
- Slice the bell peppers and red onion Julienne.
- Slice the white onion fine as well as the garlic and ginger.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Half the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat the oven and warm the corn taco shells.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium to hot pan.
- First soften the bell peppers, then add the onion (red and white).
- Stir fry and add the garlic and ginger. Stir some more before you add the green beens, tomatoes and lastly the mushrooms.
- Keep stiring until all the vegetables are nice and soft before adding the soy saus and Sriracha. Fill the corn taco shells and serve.
Step 3: Notes
If you do not have Sriracha you can substitute for a Chili pepper or Chili flakes. If you do not like a spicy dish you can remove the Sriracha altogether.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.