Introduction: How to Make "West Lake" Thick Beef Soup
Do you like Chinese food? Do you want to learn how to make Chinese food? If you said yes, I would recommend you a thick soup. The reason I recommend it to you is because it is really easy to make. "West Lake" thick beef soup is a traditional Chinese food which uses beef, eggs and mushrooms. This thick soup only takes less than 15 minutes and uses cheap materials. This inscrutable will teach you how to make a tradition thick beef soup when you want to share it with family and friends.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1: the Original Material of Food
Spring onion (1)
Note:Add ingredient to taste
Step 2: Step 2: Treatments of Beef
1. Put beef on chopping board
2. Chop beef up into small pieces
Note: Make sure you chop beef quite small
3. Add one cup of water into pan
4. Put pan on the stove
5. Turn on the heat to high
6. Add beef into pan when water is boiling
7. Turn off heat after 30 seconds
Note: We don't want to make boiled beef at this time, residual heat will help to remove blood
8. Remove the pan
9. Drain the meat and allow it to cool
10. Transfer beef to a bowl
Step 3: Step 3: Cut the Other Material
· Cut mushrooms into small pieces
· Cut tofu into small pieces
· Cut Coriander into small pieces
· Cut spring onions into small pieces
Note: Use a sharp cutting knife
Step 4: Step 4: Handle Trimmings
Note: Corn starch is used as a thickener in stews
1. Add corn starch into a bowl
2. Add 50ml water into the bowl
3. Mix the mixture of corn starch and water
1. Crack two eggs into the bowl. Avoid The egg shell falling into the bowl.
2. Separate the whites from the yolks.
Note: Use soup tong or spoon to remove yolks
Step 5: Step 5: Cook the Food
1. Turn on the heat to high
2. Put pan on the stove
3. Add 300ml water into pan
4. Add mushroom and tofu into boiling water
5. Add beef into pan
6. Add Starch which we prepared before and waiting for the boiling soup to become sticky
Note: You don't need to add starch once, you can add twice which will be really helpful.
7. Add egg white to the pan
8. Use chopsticks to stir soup in a circle
Note: In this step, you should cook on low. it will make egg white cook soft. In addition, don't add egg white all at once, you should add slowly.
9. Turn off heat
10 Add salt, pepper, coriander, and green onion
Note: Remaining heat can cook the food
Step 6: Step 6: Final
1. Transfer soup from pan to bowl
Caution: You should be careful, the soup is really hot.
2. Enjoy it !