Baskets are a necessity and we all have plenty of baskets in our home of different shapes and sizes. They are perfect for decoration or to store things. Utility baskets are easily available in the market. They have multipurpose usage.
We are going to make a basket from ice cream sticks which can be used as a home décor or as a gifting item. It can also be a craft project for school kids. You can also use this basket to keep small items and gift them to your loved ones.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Needed to Make a Utility Basket!
- Ice Cream Sticks
- Styrofoam Sheet
- Printed Sheet
- Glue Gun
Step 2: Let's Make a Styrofoam Base!
- Take the Styrofoam/Thermocol sheet and draw a circle on it. Cut out the circle using a cutter.
- Apply adhesive all over the cutout piece and paste the printed sheet on the piece. Cut out the extra portions of the sheet.
Step 3: Let's Make the Ice Cream Sticks & Paste It!
- Take the ice cream sticks, make different markings on it and cut it accordingly.
- Similarly, take a printed sheet and draw the necessary markings on it. Cut it as per the markings.
- Paste these two cut out paper strips.
- Now take the ice cream sticks of different sizes and paste them alternatively on this strip.
Step 4: Let's Decorate the Basket!
- Take the Styrofoam base of the craft and paste the ice cream stick arrangement around it.
- Decorate the basket with a decorative lace.
Wow!! Your beautiful basket of ice cream stick is now ready.
Step 5: Conclusion
It is a simple yet a very decorative basket and can be perfect for occasions. You can make multiple such baskets and stuff in small things and gift it to your near and dear ones. You can also keep some artificial flowers in it and it serves as a great option for home décor as well.