Using fancy storage boxes for jewelry has always been in trend. The boxes not only help you keep all your belongings at one place, but also help in giving your dressing tables a decorative look. Today through this best out of the waste video, we shall learn a similar craft by using a plastic ball. So, are you ready to gift yourself a beautiful jewelry storage box?
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- 1 Plastic Ball
- Spray color and ribbon
- Stone lace and pearl lace
- Tassel lace and decorative lace
- Cello tape cardboard
- Pearl bead and beaded lace
- Velcro and glue
- Cutter, pencil,and radius
When you have gathered all the things, here are the steps you have to follow.
Step 2: Let's Take Plastic Ball & Cardboard!
- Take a plastic ball. Now take cardboard, pencil,anda radius. With the measurement of 2.5 inches, make a circle on the cardboard. Again, make another circle on the first one around half inch bigger. Cut the circles for getting a ring. Similarly, cut another ring with similar measures.
Step 3: Let's Stick Ring on the Ball!
- Apply glue on the center part of the plastic ball and stick the ring on it. Again, take the other cardboard ring and stick it below the first one using some glue.
Step 4: Let's Cut the Ball!
- Using a cutter, cut the ball into two pieces. Cut the ball from the center of the two cardboard rings.
Step 5: Let's Color the Ball!
- Time to color! Take some spray paint in golden. Color both the ball parts using the spray color. Also, color the parts from inside too.
Step 6: Let's Stick Small Ribbon Piece!
- Now take a small ribbon piece and stick it on the cardboard edges to join both the balls using some glue. Also, use a ribbon in the inner side for proper fixing of the balls.
Step 7: Let's Stick Stone Lace!
- Now for decorating the box, take a stone lace with two stones. Stick the stone lace on the side edges of the cardboard. Stick the lace on the other edge of the cardboard too.
Step 8: Let's Stick Ball on Cello Tape Cardboard!
- Now take a cello tape cardboard and stick the plastic ball storage box on it. Take a tassel lace and stick it on the cello tape cardboard using glue. Now take a pearl lace and stick it on the tassel lace.
Step 9: Let's Stick Decorative Lace!
- Again, take a thin decorative lace and stick it with some glue above the stone lace on the ball cardboard border. Take another pearl lace and stick it beside the decorative lace.
Step 10: Let's Stick Pearl & Lace!
- Take a pearl and beaded lace. Stick the pearl on the top of the storage box and surround it with the beaded lace using glue.
Step 11: Let's Stick Velcro!
- Take a Velcro and stick it on the opposite side of the ribbon for giving it an opening.
Step 12: Conclusion
Isn’t it a beautiful storage box for your jewelry! Making this storage box is quite easy and simple. You can also add further decorations as per your choice and innovative ideas. So, are you ready to make this lovely storage box with a plastic ball! Happy making!